[SOLVED] My mouse randomly disconnects and reconnects when I move it and sometimes brings the other USB device down with it

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
I'm using a Razer deathadder elite, motherboard is b450 tomahawk max, other USB device that I meant is headphone and keyboard.

It's really weird and random that my mouse disconnects and reconnects with the usb logo on my system tray for like 0.1 of a second as the cursor disappears and appears again. Sometimes the cursor stopped working but the LED of my mouse, keyboard and headphones are still working, but then always a few seconds later all of my USB devices disconnects all together for a short while before reconnecting again.

I've tried disabling power options > advanced settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > disabled. I've also tried to go to device manager > mice and other pointing devices > Razer Deathadder Elite > properties > power management > and to turn off the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power options but it's greyed out and untick already. I've already disabled that options on the other section like human interface devices that has Razer Deathadder Elite name on it but my problem still persist.

And it's not the fact that my motherboard randomly turn off all usb related devices, but it's always the mouse that's doing all the mess. If I didn't do anything to my mouse nothing will happen and it'll still work but when I move my mouse either slow or fast it disconnects randomly and sometimes with the keyboard and headphones.

The Idiot

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
Check the usb connections to the motherboard make sure everything is fully plugged in, try different usb devices on the port which has the mouse connected. Do the lights flicker when your issue happens?

Last edited:

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
Check the usb connections to the motherboard make sure everything is fully plugged in, try different usb devices on the port which has the mouse connected. Do the lights flicker when your issue happens?
fully pluged in, I've tried plugging it in different usb ports even with 3.0 on the case, and no the lights do not flicker

InvalidError

Titan
One bad device shouldn't be able to bring more devices than those it is sharing a USB root hub and e/poly-fuse with. Connect the mouse to ports connected to front panel headers, everything else to ports on the back, that should put them on separate hosts and fuses. If mouse activity still brings everything down with it, there is a bug further up the food chain.

If you have a Ryzen-based system, you may want to try updating your BIOS to latest available since AMD released a new AGESA version earlier this year to address issues with USB drop-outs in many of its CPUs and chipsets that people had been reporting for over a year. Maybe that is what you are running into if you haven't updated recently.

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
One bad device shouldn't be able to bring more devices than those it is sharing a USB root hub and e/poly-fuse with. Connect the mouse to ports connected to front panel headers, everything else to ports on the back, that should put them on separate hosts and fuses. If mouse activity still brings everything down with it, there is a bug further up the food chain.

If you have a Ryzen-based system, you may want to try updating your BIOS to latest available since AMD released a new AGESA version earlier this year to address issues with USB drop-outs in many of its CPUs and chipsets that people had been reporting for over a year. Maybe that is what you are running into if you haven't updated recently.
after many consideration and butt clenching I have updated my B450 tomahawk max to ver 7C02v3A, there's a newer 7C02v3B2(Beta version) tho but I didn't installed it because it has beta on it, I hope I choose that right, did I tho? should I install the beta version?. Will update you in a week if the problem is gone, thankyou :).