Question My MSI gtx 1070ti runs too hot and I dont know why

Jun 9, 2019
I have heard many good things about how good the cooling is on MSI cards but mine dosn't seem to comply. I have my limit set for temperature at 85 degrees and no matter what game I play (not even high graphic settings) the card is constantly at the limit. I have mentioned this to the customer service but all I get back is that those are completely acceptable levels for it to run at. Does anyone have any advice for this issue? I also want to mention that my case has enough cooling and my CPU runs at 60 degrees under load.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
When you say you have your limit set - what exactly do you mean by this?

The 1070 Ti has a 'general' max temperature of 94 degrees, so 85 is acceptable, but obviously, the cooler, the better.
Have you modified the fan speed dependent on speeds? Is the fan also running at high levels when you are hitting the limits?

Jun 9, 2019
When you say you have your limit set - what exactly do you mean by this?

The 1070 Ti has a 'general' max temperature of 94 degrees, so 85 is acceptable, but obviously, the cooler, the better.
Have you modified the fan speed dependent on speeds? Is the fan also running at high levels when you are hitting the limits?
I mean that on Afterburner, I have my max temp set to 85. Ive had this problem for a while now and right when I noticed the constant high temps, I tuned my fan curve to be running at full speed past 70 degrees to see if it would make a difference which it did not.
Additionally, I just tried setting the limit to the highest 92 degrees and the card went there within seconds of launching Kombustor in windowed mode.

Last edited: