[SOLVED] My N460GTX video card stoped working properly

qFortino

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
After playing couple hours of Mad Max,i was driving to the desert like i did 10 hours of the gameplay,but the pc froze,then over the game appeared several green lines,and after that i got a bsod. The thing is the video card is still working but even with the latest drivers i cannot input my monitor ressolution and it's stucked at 1600x900 (my monitor has 1920x1080). I tought that if i can still use the video card it has not fried,but i do not know what i should do to get it back to normal,any advice?

Jul 24, 2019
Well go into your device manager and see if it picks up your card under display devices. If not you might be sitting with a faulty card hence why the resolution is at standard CPU level control with on-board GPU.

Let me know.

qFortino

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Well go into your device manager and see if it picks up your card under display devices. If not you might be sitting with a faulty card hence why the resolution is at standard CPU level control with on-board GPU.

Let me know.
In the device manager,the video card appears but has an ! right on that little monitor icon

Jul 24, 2019
That means that there is a driver issue, right click on the card and uninstall the drivers.
Redownload the drivers and make sure you select the right driver and operating system. Install and that should solve the issue for that. Let me know what it does after this.

qFortino

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
That means that there is a driver issue, right click on the card and uninstall the drivers.
Redownload the drivers and make sure you select the right driver and operating system. Install and that should solve the issue for that. Let me know what it does after this.
I have did this a dozen of times,tried the newest drivers,and some old ones,neither solved the problem,and i carefull checked to be for that video card and to match my OS,i also tried with geforce experience but it didn't work either

Jul 24, 2019
Hmmm do you have a secondary card ? If the secondary card does the same your PCI contoller chip is damaged. If the card works perfect then your card is damaged and might need replacement.

qFortino

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hmmm do you have a secondary card ? If the secondary card does the same your PCI contoller chip is damaged. If the card works perfect then your card is damaged and might need replacement.
yep,i have another card,and it works just fine,the problem is that the 460gtx was better and i was trying to repair it,there is no way i can do that?