My native resolution changed from hardware change

aatori

Prominent
Apr 6, 2018
I changed everything in my pc apart from ram and my hard drive but when I use my pc the native resolution is 720p instead of being 1080p, like it was last time.
It feels too weird to change to 720 its uncomfortable and low quality. Is there anything I can do?
Also wondering what changes the native resolution. I'm kinda thinking the motherboard

*Edit*
When I had an older gpu it did this same problem but when I went back to using vga instead of HDMI it went back to normal

Solution
The native resolution is the resolution of your monitor, not what it's set to in windows.

If you changed your GPU you will likely need to uninstall the old drivers and install the correct display drivers for your GPU.

Did you try to change the resolution in windows? Just right click the desktop and select display settings. Change the resolution to 1080p if it's listed, if it isn't and you have a 1080p monitor you likely don't have the display driver installed.

You should just HDMI, dvi-d, or display port over VGA if both your GPU and monitor support one of them.

Did you reinstall windows after changing all this hardware? If not you should, that will cause issues.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
The native resolution is the resolution of your monitor, not what it's set to in windows.

If you changed your GPU you will likely need to uninstall the old drivers and install the correct display drivers for your GPU.

Did you try to change the resolution in windows? Just right click the desktop and select display settings. Change the resolution to 1080p if it's listed, if it isn't and you have a 1080p monitor you likely don't have the display driver installed.

You should just HDMI, dvi-d, or display port over VGA if both your GPU and monitor support one of them.

Did you reinstall windows after changing all this hardware? If not you should, that will cause issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS