Question My natve resolution is lower than advertised

does the OSD menu have an option for setting the resolution?
some displays need to be setup internally to initiate their rated specs.

are you using the monitor's included cable?

is the monitor recognized in Device Manager by name or by "Generic PnP Monitor"?

have you checked the manufacturer's product support pages for drivers?

Aug 21, 2021
does the OSD menu have an option for setting the resolution?
some displays need to be setup internally to initiate their rated specs.

are you using the monitor's included cable?

is the monitor recognized in Device Manager by name or by "Generic PnP Monitor"?

ive tried using a 4k cable and the one that came with it and that didn't change anything but it is labeled as "Generic PnP Monitor"

Aug 21, 2021
I've tried both, I even tried to force it into a higher resolution and it made it super blurry

also after looking at the manual online it confirmed it’s supposed to be at the higher resolution. But the paper it came with says the recommended resolution is 1920x1080. So I checked the model number to see if I was sent the wrong one but it’s not? So I have conflicting information here

the paper it comes with says it’s a different model (24GN650) but the sticker on the actual monitor says it’s a 27GN950
sounds like someone at Amazon may be reselling items and has either intentionally or accidentally swapped serial stickers.
i seriously would hope that LG QC wouldn't make this type of mistake.

maybe they are doing 3rd party refurbishing\recertification\repackaging and made a mistake between two models or maybe they are just a scammer.

contact Amazon and return the thing.

Aug 21, 2021
sounds like someone at Amazon may be reselling items and has either intentionally or accidentally swapped serial stickers.

maybe they are doing 3rd party refurbishing\recertification\repackaging and made a mistake between two models or maybe they are just a scammer.

ok so, I managed to call customer support, and when I plugged in my console I’m getting the advertised resolution at 60hrz. So apparently it’s an issue with my computer? I’m using a brand new computer I built a few weeks ago with a 3080ti which definitely supports 4K so now what.

Aug 21, 2021

Also, I have an older monitor that can put out 3840 resolution but its max its 30hrz which is why I wanted a new one. and when I tried to manually put the resolution and refresh rate to the advertised it said the display does not support that.

I did but it says that the monitor is PnP so it requires no additional setup.
obviously you didn't because it has specific Windows 10 drivers available for download and other utilities for screen control available.

and nowhere in it's Support section does it state that it is just plug-n-play.

Aug 21, 2021
obviously you didn't because it has specific Windows 10 drivers available for download and other utilities for screen control available.

and nowhere in it's Support section does it state that it is just plug-n-play.

in the manual it says it’s PnP. I must of misunderstood or something let me see if this works sorry for my inexperience.

Aug 21, 2021
Ok so after downloading the drivers and everything else all that did was give me more options like RGB and Gamma, stuff like that. Which is super nice but the main problem still persists.