Question My network adapter is being recognized as am adapter i don't own and itself

Orinay

Reputable
Aug 16, 2020
So i have an Asus PCI-E Dual-band AC1200 Wireless-Adapter but it is displayed as Intel Dual-band Wireless-AC 8260 and in my bios it shows as intel adapter and one other. I am unable to connect to my internet via wifi, only getting a message in troubleshoot saying the remote device or resource won't accept the connection, and i have already tried every solution proposed in various forums online and nothing has worked. My ethernet works but i'd prefer to get my wifi working again.

Reactions: gibsonhoward248

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What "remote device/resource" are you trying to connect to? AKA "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection ".

Network: make and model modem? Make and model router? Or, if combined, make and model?

What network adapter drivers are installed and what is the source of those drivers?

= == =

That all said, it is not uncommon that some product (e.g., a wireless network adapter) is generically manufactured and subsequently labeled with some brand name along with some specific drivers for that brand name.

Verify that the applicable drivers are, indeed, installed and configured as applicable to your hardware and network.

Double check that one, and only one network adapter is enabled. Per your post I would understand that that would be a wireless network adapter. Wired network adapters being disabled accordingly.

Reactions: gibsonhoward248