[SOLVED] My network adapter seems like have good speeds then drops tremendously

Anon2195

Commendable
Oct 16, 2019
I've had this network adapter for a few months it's the netgear A6210 and I use 5G connection it'll have up to 100 mbs download then 30 minutes later I check it drops to 50 mbps or lower. I got a new router and everything so it can't be that, I believe it's the wireless network adapter but I could be wrong. Help is appreciated.

Solution
Just before you first boot up, feel the network adapter. Should be ambient temperature.

After boot up feel again. Then as time progresses continue checking the wireless adapter.

Do so carefully - it may become very warm or even hot.

What you can do is to use a USB extension cable to raise the adapter up and away from the host computer.

Two benefits: 1) cooler air, and 2) likely improved transmission and reception.

Those adapters are made as cheaply as possible with little or no QA (Quality Assurance)

Another consideration - if that 30 minutes is very consistent look in Task Manager and Task Scheduler for some app or service launching around the same time. May be some buggy or corrupt software trying to launch, update, or...

Ralston18

Titan
Just before you first boot up, feel the network adapter. Should be ambient temperature.

After boot up feel again. Then as time progresses continue checking the wireless adapter.

What you can do is to use a USB extension cable to raise the adapter up and away from the host computer.

Those adapters are made as cheaply as possible with little or no QA (Quality Assurance)

Another consideration - if that 30 minutes is very consistent look in Task Manager and Task Scheduler for some app or service launching around the same time. May be some buggy or corrupt software trying to launch, update, or simply phone home at the expense of connectivity.

Solution

Anon2195

Commendable
Oct 16, 2019

Another consideration - if that 30 minutes is very consistent look in Task Manager and Task Scheduler for some app or service launching around the same time. May be some buggy or corrupt software trying to launch, update, or simply phone home at the expense of connectivity.
I do keep my extender on top of my pc I'll move it away because it does get hot as you say will try and respond back.

Anon2195

Commendable
Oct 16, 2019

Update yep moving it away from my pc helped a lot better ping no drops in wifi performance thank you!

TRENDING THREADS