[SOLVED] My new build - all fans spinning when power is connected

Jun 11, 2020
Hey everyone,

I just build a new itx pc, and everything works fine except one. Which is once my pc connected to power all the fans including my gpu will start spinning and max out the rpm. However, the system is still in a shutdown condition, I have to press the power to turn it on. Also even i shutdown on windows, all the fans will keep spinning, as long as it connected to power, the only thing i can do is to unplug the PSU from the power cable. I've already updated the bios, chipset driver, but it doesn't help and i don't know what the issue could be.

Spec:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
MOBO: ASUS ROG X570-i
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Aero itx
RAM: Corsair LPX 2x8gb 3200mhz
PSU: Enhance flex atx 600w
SSD: Evo Plus 970 NVMe 1TB, Corsair MP600 1TB

Any help or ideas would be appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Sounds like you have the fans connected to the PSU and as long as it's on, the fans will spin...
Add in that Win10's default mode is hybrid sleep instead of shutting down and you have a noisy situation.

Try disabling Fastboot in the bios but be warned, a windows update can turn it back on again.

popatim

Titan
Sounds like you have the fans connected to the PSU and as long as it's on, the fans will spin...
Add in that Win10's default mode is hybrid sleep instead of shutting down and you have a noisy situation.

Try disabling Fastboot in the bios but be warned, a windows update can turn it back on again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS