Question My new build crashes!! core i9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2019
hello, i upgraded my system
using my old case mid tower with
termaltek 600w toughpower (power supply)
i installed new:
core i9 9900k
Gigabyte auros elite motherboard
16x2 kit of kingstone hyperX 2666mhz
intel liquid cooler.

now after i installed it all i powered the pc everything was fine managed to play some, and test the cpu heat which was around 27-32c, then after 2-3 hours it started crashing with no error everytime i entered my win10 account it crashed,but when entering safe mode it did not crash tried runing a test using "hot cpu" app the test was fine, i then tried formating and reinstalled win10 didnt work as soon as it tries to load the windows it crashes, i tried everything i really hope it aint hardware problem. i can get to the bios setting and even install a new win, but only when it tries to load windows it crashes.. i really need help here , thanks.

Apr 12, 2019
installed new system:
core i9 9900k
intel liquid cooling
16x2 kingstone hyperx ram 2666 mhz
gigabyte auros elite z390
geforce 770 gtx
termaltek 600w toughpower

powered the pc on played some tested cpu temp was around 32c managed to play some, after 1-2 hours it started crashing, each time loading a win10 account it would crash, i managed to get to safe mode tested my cpu again yemp was fine 27- 32c tested using "hot cpu" app no errors at all, tried formating and installing win10 still crashes after trying to load the windows, bios working fine. what am i doing Wrong? is my cpu defective?

nmb255

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Overclocking? Go to the bios and select auto for pretty much everything. Test again.
Re-seat RAM, using one module at a time. Test again. Swap ram slot/module. Test again
Remove GPU and run integrated. Test again.

When the system crashes - what happens. Error message? Corrupted screen? Reboot? Freeze?

I doubt the CPU is defective. More likely Ram, most likely BIOS setting.

Apr 12, 2019
Overclocking? Go to the bios and select auto for pretty much everything. Test again.
Re-seat RAM, using one module at a time. Test again. Swap ram slot/module. Test again
Remove GPU and run integrated. Test again.

When the system crashes - what happens. Error message? Corrupted screen? Reboot? Freeze?

I doubt the CPU is defective. More likely Ram, most likely BIOS setting.

1)im not overclocking.
2)i cant connect a monitor without gpu (no slots)
3)i did not set anything in the bios just turned on the pc, worked for a while,
4)im using an 8pin powrr cable for the cpu is that enough? again not overclocking anything.
5)should i mess with the ram profiles?
6)No Error, no blue screen only whe trying to load the windows it crashes and restart.

nmb255

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
1)im not overclocking.
2)i cant connect a monitor without gpu (no slots)
3)i did not set anything in the bios just turned on the pc, worked for a while,
4)im using an 8pin powrr cable for the cpu is that enough? again not overclocking anything.
5)should i mess with the ram profiles?
6)No Error, no blue screen only whe trying to load the windows it crashes and restart.

You're not trying to overclock. Good. It could be that the BIOS is. You say you can't get to windows. No need to for the next steps. Can you get to the BIOS. If so, check the settings. Try to get everything to AUTO and save.

Also, have you tried to re-seat the RAM and/or boot with only one module in one socket?

Mar 31, 2019
Do remember that z390 motherboards are brand new and i wouldnt recommend vga or even dvi with them hdmi 2.0 with hdr is recommended further for hdd best would be m.2 or ssd
The z390 mobos can give problems with older tech such as hdd or nvidia geforce older series cards
Remember that even the cables you are using matter
On my ROG z390 i didnt have my GPU arrived yet and used an older GT 200 series gpu from my secondary build with premium dvi to hdmi switch however it would still hang close on the z390 it would close my screen automatically after running programs or trying to readjust resolution
Throw in a 900 series plus GPU or similar Amd with hdmi output and see your system run faster than ever before
Further i also had hang issues with normal hdd win 7 and also had to enable compatibility support module - CSM from UEFi or Bios of the mobo
Try to enable CSM on your mobo i am sure auros comes equipped with it
Dont equip any unnecessary power consumption tools for now such as rgb fans this could also disturb your power load variance which occurs every few minutes or so
Also try to boot with one ram slot only
If you have two ram modules to insert later usually choose the first plus third module for ideal system performance however your mobo guide which comes in the box that should inside have a picture showing for best use dual memory slot dims

can you tell me how to then? please
Memtest X86 runs on a bootable USB outside of windows, so you don't windows to boot. You can download it for free from here: https://www.memtest86.com/ You will need to follow the instructions on another Windows pc.
I would also set everything to auto in bios.
I would change ram configurations around in bios and try booting on one stick.

Apr 12, 2019
stick with 1 thread
i will get stright to the point.

i installed new hardware:
Gigabyte Auros elite z390
core i9 9900k
16x2GB DDR4 kingstone hyperx 2666mhz (32GB total)
intel Liquid cooling.
on an old hardware:
thermeltek 600w toughpower
old mid tower case.

THE PROBLEM IS:
after i connected all it worked for about 2 hours, i even played a demending game for about 30min and exit it.
tested to see cpu temp it was around 32c, everything seemed fine, then it crashed after a while, everytime it logged to win10 it crashed again.
safemode worked, i then decided to format the pc, after formating and installing new win10. crashed again everytime the win10 first setup was loading.
now it is crashing even when i boot form windows usb installation.

Things i Have tried:

changing Memory slots, and using 1 stick at a time.
changed some settings in bios xmp profile and such. (reset to defult bios setting after it did not work).
disconnected everything except the MOBO and CPU and Memory.
tried switching hard drives.
i ran memtest everything is fine.
checked the bios everything is fine, cpu temp, RAM frequency, and every part i connected is showing up and seems fine.
i tried tighten the screws of the cooling pump.
i tried switching the cpu header to opt.

STILL DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!

Dec 10, 2020
I know this post is a little bit old and you all must' ve solved this already, but i had a same problem with a similar setup (aorus z390 pro wifi + i9-9900k mem 3000mh downclocked at 2666 (i activate xmp for like 4 or 5 days) galax hof rtx 2070 super and psu corsair 650 and two m2 aorus.
After 40 days, i started to experience several BSOD (irql not equal or less) and them i couldnt boot anymore.
Mem tests seems ok, cpu got errors in intel test and crashes bedore finishimg it.
Put my cpu on my friends pc that has the same setup than mine and it crashed his windows too.
Now i am using an brand new i3 9100f i bought yesterday and so far everything is good.
Gonna try to refound my cpu with intel but i fear somerhing else coud be damaging the cpu. (No overclocking and no xmp at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.