Question My new build keeps freezing when trying to install Windows 10.

Jun 30, 2019
Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB
Samsung 960 EVO2

So I bought all these parts assembled everything and I try to install windows from a USB, every time I do it loads into the installer and freezes, my keyboard and mouse go off sometimes like the USB's are dead and also while its frozen if I unplug the keyboard or mouse and plug back it doesn't detect. So I get stuck on windows screen and doesnt go further into the installation. I've tried 4 different USB sticks and all the USB ports.

I tried everything, removing the ram and one stick at a time and they all do the same thing. I tried with onboard video and my graphics, same outcome. I also removed the M2 and added another.. I don't think it's the power supply because everything boots fine all the RGB works.

I am thinking maybe it's the Motherboard or CPU, I bought these yesterday and have the receipt, could just return them and swap.. I never had this issue, first time with new gen intel and this happens.. I tried also resetting bios and updating the firmware, also UEFI mode etc.. I've tried everything...

Any idea as to why the system just freezes as soon as it attemps to read off the USB?

I've had the same issue with the same motherboard. Issue was fixed upon plugging the USB drive into the back of the computer. If this doesn't help, that motherboard is literally a 50/50 chance of DOA by all reviews I have seen of it. Mostly from bad memory slots or cpu slots, but I wouldn't put it by this motherboard to have an issue with the USB ports as well. When this board does work, it works well, so I hope it's not DOA and my answer helps!

Oops! Wrong motherboard! I will see if I have any issues installing windows 10 to that specific board, and let you know how to fix it if I do!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS