My new computer, come critique

Kebino

Reputable
May 6, 2015
Hey everyone, a few years back I saved up enough money to buy this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xtbMpb

While this computer did fine compared to what I was used to, I was still unable to max out games like World of Warcraft at high/Ultra settings, and the computer ran Diablo 3 pretty choppy as well. This made me not want to even try newer games so i've been holding off and saving for a while now so I can finally purchase this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DjJ23F

Now, a mistake I made last time was posting about my build on the forums AFTER I bought everything, in which people told me my power supply was lacking and i needed better ram etc. So this time around I want to post my build before I order everything so I can go off your suggestions. Also, the video card will just be a 1070 not necessarily the MSI one

usa_john

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
Your build looks really solid. But on what resolution are you planning on playing? If your answer is 1080p then a 1070 is overkill. a gtx 970 might be more cost efficient.
But playing future games on 1440p would deffinately be great for a 1070.

Kebino

Reputable
May 6, 2015
For right now I do only have 1080p, but down the line I might be able to go 1440p. It's just that for right now, since i'm saving, if the gtx 1070 ever goes down to the high 300$ price range I feel as though I should just grab it.

usa_john

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
I dont know much about amd cards, but havent always heard the best things about them. If you were looking at the 970 or 1070 and want 1440p gaming, go with the 1070. Its a wonderfull card. Maybe there is an amd card that is just as good. That you will have to ask someone else! :/

Kebino

Reputable
May 6, 2015
I also forgot to add that my current monitor is a Ben Q 144hz, so my goal would be able to run 1080p games at 144 fps or so with ease. I'm really trying to save up my money and purchase something to make my life wonderful lol. But the problem is is that I don't know when the 1070s are going to go down to the price they advertised, and when that happens what if the 970 goes down a lot and makes the value that much more worth it