Question My new computer with Asus ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming and 3960X doesn’t boot

Jun 3, 2021
Problem: PC starts, all fans starts, LEDs turn on but the QLED on my motherboard shows “Yellow error” and my monitor doesn't even start. I do not even get to the BIOS.

When I start my new computer that has the motherboard "ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming" I do not get to the BIOS, my monitor does not even start. On the motherboard are Q LEDs that check if there is a fault in any main component and one of these warning lights shows “YELLOW”. According to the manual, “YELLOW light” means that there is a fault in the DRAM (memory).

I installed my computer memory which are "G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64GB (4-Kit) DDR4 3600MHz C16" in my neighbor's computer but to my surprise they worked flawlessly. For safety's sake, I borrowed the neighbor's computer memory and tested them in my computer but got the same result, ie my motherboard's Q LED gave a “YELLOW light” when I started the computer even with his DDR4 memory.

What could the error be with my computer? My computer memories obviously work but the QLED of my motherboards still shows YELLOW error.

My computer parts:

Asus ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64GB (4-Kit) DDR4 3600MHz C16
AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 3960X 3.8GHz Socket sTRX4 Processor
be quiet! Dark Rock PRO AMD TR4
Corsair RM 1000X 1000 W
LG UltraGear 27GL850-B 27" 2560 x 1440 16:9 AMD FreeSync, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Asus Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB (NOTE This is my old graphics card, my new graphics card that I intend to use for my new computer has not arrived yet due to delivery problems)
Hårddisk - Intel SSD 520 series 180 GB (NOTE This is my old SDD, my new SDD that I intend to use for my new computer has not arrived yet due to delivery problems)

Things I've checked:
I've reseated RAM/GPU/CPU/RAM
Tried different memory configurations
Checked that all cables are seated correctly
Tried starting with minimum parts. (Mobo, PSU, GPU, CPU, 1 RAM stick)
Cleared Cmos

P.S. I'm sorry if my English is bad, it's not my first language. But hope you understand my question.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state which slots are populated on your motherboard with respect to the sticks of ram? Please take note of the slots labelling on the PCB and the motherboard manual. You can try and work with one stick of ram in slot A1.

Jun 3, 2021
Hi there
I have exactly the same symptoms, Fans go full blast q screen 15 then orange led
and reboot no post screen, have to reset to bios 3202 the only one that works with my pc