[SOLVED] My new cpu is hitting 100 degrees on idle.

HelloJon

Reputable
May 4, 2017
It hasn't actually hit 100 but opening google made it go to 99. I just installed the ryzen 2600 but had some trouble with the bracket so it kept slipping around and I had to pull it off for a sec. I am assuming it's because of an air bubble. Would the easy solution be to just put new thermal paste on it?

Solution
Yes, if you messed up the cooler installation, then you'll need new thermal paste, whether the problem is an air bubble or an improperly installed cooler. This time try to make sure the cooler is properly seated over the CPU, and once you let it make contact with the CPU and/or thermal paste, try not to move it around too much and just screw it down, so that the thermal paste does not get spread out unnecessarily.
Yes, if you messed up the cooler installation, then you'll need new thermal paste, whether the problem is an air bubble or an improperly installed cooler. This time try to make sure the cooler is properly seated over the CPU, and once you let it make contact with the CPU and/or thermal paste, try not to move it around too much and just screw it down, so that the thermal paste does not get spread out unnecessarily.

Solution