My New Crucial MX500 1tb Has Detecting/Location Issues and Cannot Be Accessed

No_Tech

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Before I get started I will list down all the components that is my computer.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z97M-G43 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
Storage (Main): Crucial BX200 480GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT480BX200SSD1
Storage (Extras): 2 old hdd drives
Storage (External): 1 old external hdd
Storage (External/Backup): WD My Book 4TB
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 DirectX 12 RX 480 GAMING X 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card
Case: an old Thermaltake
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD 750W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply 220-G2-0750-XR

- OS Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit

The item in question: Crucial MX500 1TB SSD

The main issue is that I cannot access the MX500 1TB SSD. In some limited capacity it is detected.

On Prime Day I bought an SSD that had a small discount on it. The purpose of this SSD is to store my games, as my BX200 480GB still works great as the main drive. I removed my old CD Drive and replaced it with the MX500 1TB. When the computer was finished loading. A small popup window showed that the MX500 drivers were installed. However when I went to start and clicked on computer. I did not see it there, just my usual five storage drives. Though my CD Drive was still shown. I decided to check the properties of each drive. When I stumbled upon the hardware tab I saw MX500 1TB in there, it is called CT1000MX500SSD1 ATA Device. The device status says "This device is working properly." So I decided to download the Crucial Storage Executive. It detects all four of my internal drives (excluding the two external). All of them are in good health. My MX500 1TB is placed at Drive0 while my BX200 480GB is Drive1. It says firmware is not available for the MX500 1TB.

So the question remains:
Is my computer out of date?
Is my computer not compatible with MX500 SSDs? If so do I need to get the older models like the MX300 SSDs?
Perhaps I need to reboot my computer (least desired path).
Or is it because the computer thinks the CD Drive G: is still there and is preventing MX500 1TB from showing?

For something that should be a simple plug and play, is giving me the conniptions. I might just send it back if things do not improve.

One last note while I was installing the SSD I turned the power supply off, but I forgot to press the on button to use up the remaining power. I hope that did not affect it.

P.S. While this question is unrelated to this post. I was wondering what " Request solutions to this Question (not a discussion)" mean? I always check it off, but does that mean only one person answer it. I do not know if it is a coincidence that only one person answers my thread, or the nature of my threads are too specific for it to be answered by multiple people? There is a lot that I do not understand in using this forum. Sorry if this question seems odd.

Thank you for helping me.