Question My new Crucial p2 2tb nvme ssd cause stutters in games

Sozisalad

Commendable
Aug 17, 2021
Hi y'all, i recently bought crucial P2, 2tb nvme... I ran crystal disk benchmark and got around 2gbs read and write speeds as advertised , and crystal disk info said my nvme's health is good, but after installing games on it I've noticed my games stutter now, like really annoying lags and hitching time to time (not in some games) well i know it's a QLC drive and dramless but everyone said it doesn't matter for gaming i never thought it could be this bad, my freaking 5200 rpm hdd didn't stutter at all, I've never experienced storage related stutters, well I've updated my bios and my ssd firmware using crucial utility , but stuttering still remains, even emulating ps2 ganes stutters every 5 seconds , like it's just embarrassing, I'm really devastated and don't know what to do, I'm dealing with this for a month now and i regret buying it (games with stutters so far are rdr2, factorio, csgo, mk11, pcsx2, etc)
PS : I've installed the nvme myself to my lenovo legion 5 laptop (2060 and i5 10th gen)

Last edited:

rgd1101

Don't
my freaking 5200 rpm hdd didn't stutter at all, I've never experienced storage related stutters,
what was issue last time?

Sozisalad

Commendable
Aug 17, 2021
what was issue last time?
Oh... That was because of my power options settings, this time is completely because of my nvme ssd, as you can see in this picture, stutters happen exactly when these peaks appear on my ssd graph https://linustechtips.com/uploads/m...4492.png.7f58defbc018907fcb8e7c7e59455b41.png

TRENDING THREADS