My new custom PC doesnt detect the microphone on my headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2019
Recently I got a new custom PC, and everything was working fine, and then when I try to call my friend off it, he can't hear me, but I can hear him. I know that the microphone works as it worked on my old laptop. When I unplug the microphone and plug it into the microphone jack, all the noise it makes is an awful static buzzing noise. How do I make the PC detect the headset as a headset and not headphones?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The headset splitter is needed because your headset (I assume) is only plugged into the headphone jack that's why you could hear him but he couldn't hear you. Laptops only had one jack and it was used for both microphone and headphones. For the splitter sometimes it would be in the box of the headset. This happened to me to since I recently built a gaming computer

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your headset? When you spoke of the headset working on your old laptop, mind sharing the make and model of your old laptop? Are you on the latest BIOS for your new build? Are you on the latest drivers for your audio chip?

Jan 2, 2019
I'm pretty sure its plugged in all the way.

Would getting a headset splitter that splits the single jack into a microphone jack and an audio jack work?

Jan 3, 2019
The headset splitter is needed because your headset (I assume) is only plugged into the headphone jack that's why you could hear him but he couldn't hear you. Laptops only had one jack and it was used for both microphone and headphones. For the splitter sometimes it would be in the box of the headset. This happened to me to since I recently built a gaming computer

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.