My new custom PC will not turn on! HELP!

HalpMehPlzzz

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
So I just built a custom $2000 gaming PC. When I turn it on, it turns on, yet after about a sec you hear a click and it turns off without turning it on, or off the power the comes back on after another sec later

Does anyone know what to do?

I checked and all the parts were compatible and everything was plugged in where it needed two be

Is a part broken and or do I need to replace it?

Solution
So you press the power button on the tower case the system powers up but does not post a bios out put screen image on the connected monitor.

Then the whole system power cycles again, and the power stays on ?
Till you force a power off by holding the Power button down for about four seconds on the system case yes ?

Providing you have connected the 12v 24 pin and the eight pin 12v Eps connector from the power supply direct to both of the points on the motherboard.

And if you have connected any extra power to a Pci-e based graphics card that requires 12v Pci-e power connectors to be fitted to the graphics card.

The problem is either, where you have placed the ram sticks in what memory slots of the motherboard, consult the motherboard...
So you press the power button on the tower case the system powers up but does not post a bios out put screen image on the connected monitor.

Then the whole system power cycles again, and the power stays on ?
Till you force a power off by holding the Power button down for about four seconds on the system case yes ?

Providing you have connected the 12v 24 pin and the eight pin 12v Eps connector from the power supply direct to both of the points on the motherboard.

And if you have connected any extra power to a Pci-e based graphics card that requires 12v Pci-e power connectors to be fitted to the graphics card.

The problem is either, where you have placed the ram sticks in what memory slots of the motherboard, consult the motherboard manual for the recommended slot positions of ram memory modules depending on the amount of memory stick you are fitting to the motherboard.

Either the cpu is not seated correctly in the cpu socket of the motherboard, or has been placed in the wrong orientation of the cpu socket.

Line both the triangle on the Cpu up so it is online with the triangle mark on the cpu socket, check that the cpu cooler on the cpu is firmly fitted and in good contact with the cpu die.

The cpu you have inserted into the cpu socket is not recognised because the bios firmware of the motherboard needs to be updated to a later revision of firmware so the cpu can be identified and setup by the bios.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS