My new gaming pc is slower than my old one?

Aqian1

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
So recently I bought a new gaming pc with specs: nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6 gb gpu with a AMD fx 6300 processor, with a 120 gb ssd. Although it runs games much faster than my old PC regular processes are much slower than my old pc like viewing the web. Also what I found quite weird was the input lag of my new pc seems to be quite higher than my older one. I did a test on humanbenchmark(a site that tests your reaction time) and on my old one I consistently got better scores with the same exact monitor and mouse. My old pc however has a much better cpu i7 but with no gpu. Im confused because shouldnt my new pc be faster overall? Why are some aspects of my old pc still better than my new one?

Solution
CPU's are becoming more important with new games, but what you need to do is check your usage stats with hwmonitor or afterburner or some other monitoring software to see if anything is maxing out at 100% usage. Bottleneck is basically one piece of hardware slowing down the rest of the system byu failing to keep up with the demand of other components.

Aqian1

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016

What does bottlenecking mean? Is there anyway I can fix this? I only have had this pc which was made by cyperpowerpc for only about a week. Should I return it?

Aqian1

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016

Yeah I bought my pc without knowing much about gaming. People told me that gaming pc's didnt need very good cpu's and just really good graphic cards. The graphics are fine in game but performance is lesser than i expected.

CPU's are becoming more important with new games, but what you need to do is check your usage stats with hwmonitor or afterburner or some other monitoring software to see if anything is maxing out at 100% usage. Bottleneck is basically one piece of hardware slowing down the rest of the system byu failing to keep up with the demand of other components.

Solution