Question My new gaming pc keeps freezing during everything except gaming

Apr 28, 2020
I built my first pc about three weeks ago with some affordable parts, and the second I started using it it began freezing from 5-10 minutes each time I would turn it on, when it freezes, I can’t do anything except just completely shutting down the computer. I started to notice that I could literally play as long as I want when playing games, but the second I start using google chrome, origin, steam, or anything besides a game, it will start freezing.
PC build:
XFX Radeon graphics card
MSI H310M motherboard
Intel i3 processer
Cooler Master 500w
8ram viper patriot
120Gb ssd
I’ve been trying to figure out the problem since I built it and have tried everything, I’ve looked at every YouTube video on it, every forum, and every website on how to fix it, nothing helped it.
I would really appreciate it if someone helped me figure this out because I spent all of my savings on this computer.
Thank you

Apr 28, 2020
I’ve began to think that the cause of the freezing could be a virus... so I began to run some tests and it came back negative. I’m not sure what to do next

Apr 28, 2020
Already did both of those, I’m going to try switching ram and graphics card with my brother to see if I have a faulty one