My New Gaming PC

zerolima

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Hello guys, here is my new build and I would really like to know if there are any better options than these for the money. My budget is around 1200/1300€. Purpose is gaming at 1080p ( please do not laugh, I ain't got that 4K vibe yet :D ) and maybe 1440p later.

I would also really love some tips on choosing the best PC Case, since I can't decide between some. I'll write them down after I write the parts I will be using in my case.

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750/850W G2, since I'm planing to upgrade to SLI in the future (You tell me what more suits my needs, please)

CPU: Intel i5 6600K Skylake (I don't know how, but I will learn how to OC, when I get my hands on this rig when it's built, no worries here)

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970/1070 (ASUS Strix, MSI Gaming or Gigabyte G1 Gaming (Highly likely the fastest but the most expensive), whichever performs best for the price, I am just waiting for those Pascals' prices) + I will most likely OC the GPU a little bit too

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X/212 Evo (Heard the X shape - of something - is newer tech = probably better), OR Cryorig H7 (I'm not SUPER OVERCLOCKING that Skylake)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz CL=16 (Will upgrade to 4x8GB if need be (maybe in like year 2030 :p))

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB (Because there is apparently nothing better for the money, apart from the 500GB version)

MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming (Read ASUS makes some great quality motherboards, and this one just happens to be good for that juicy OCin')

FANS: Since PC Cases come with only few fans, one would naturally want some additional airflow, so please give me some ideas, I've been thinking around 4x - 6x 120/140mm (replacing all the stock ones) fans that are as quiet as they can get and move good amounts of air. Also please explain the difference between - airflow vs. static pressure fans - to me.

Which leaves us with, sirs and gentlemen, the PC Case. Now here is where is gets tricky, because I've got so many options, and they are oh so similar to one another, that my mind just simply can not rest at ease. SO. These are the cases (I hate being that person, because I know for sure that all of these cases are good cases, and it will not really matter - performance wise - which I end up with, but anyways, please HALP me with the decision!)

The factors/what I seek/want: Silence, Practicality, Temps/Airflow, Cable management, Price/Performance, Beauty (of course my personal decision, so don't mind this one...), and that everything can fit inside the case without cutting the case or cutting the componen...I'm joking :D

CORSAIR: Carbide 400C/400Q (Clear/Windowed vs. Quiet)
FRACTAL DESIGN: Define R5
NZXT: S340
NZXT: H440
PHANTEKS: Enthoo Pro M
PHANTEKS: Enthoo Pro
PHANTEKS: Enthoo Evolv

Any suggestions, other options, please, feel free to comment, I've already put a TON of time into this project, because I love tech, and please, pretty glorious please, write down as much as you know because I'd be super happy to find my answers with your help, guys... I hope that I wrote everything clearly. I've tried really hard and look forward to some of your pro-info!

That would be all lads, thanks for readin' and happy building! Much love dudes <3

~ ZERO

Solution
To price it in Euros,I used pcpartpicker france.
MOst of the components you selected are excellent and compatible. I use a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO in my computer, slightly overclocked. I just put the Cryorig H7 in my wife's and it's excellent too. Totally silent. I have cooler envy now ;)

For some reason, in pcpartpicker france, it was not showing prices for the Cryorig H& or H5 Universal. So I stuck the CM Hyper212 EVO, but if you can get the Cryorig H7 or H5 Universal, that's what I'd get.

I'd wait for the GTX 1070. I've heard rumors of prices. I love the EVGA and MSI Gefore GTX gpu's. I put in an estimated price of 380 euros.
I expect them to be slightly over $400 USD

I like the Samsung ssds, I've put them in a couple of...

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
To price it in Euros,I used pcpartpicker france.
MOst of the components you selected are excellent and compatible. I use a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO in my computer, slightly overclocked. I just put the Cryorig H7 in my wife's and it's excellent too. Totally silent. I have cooler envy now ;)

For some reason, in pcpartpicker france, it was not showing prices for the Cryorig H& or H5 Universal. So I stuck the CM Hyper212 EVO, but if you can get the Cryorig H7 or H5 Universal, that's what I'd get.

I'd wait for the GTX 1070. I've heard rumors of prices. I love the EVGA and MSI Gefore GTX gpu's. I put in an estimated price of 380 euros.
I expect them to be slightly over $400 USD

I like the Samsung ssds, I've put them in a couple of my builds. You didn't mention an HDD, but I put one in (you are still within budget).

PSU's are expensive over your way. Wow. I couldn't find the prices through pcpartpicker on the EVGA 650w or 750w...look for their Supernova GS or G2 label. The Corsair I posted is very good. You want fully modular, 650w, 750w, or 850w. 80+ Gold is an excellent level for the home consumer.

Cases, I've built with Corsair, NZXT, and Nanoxia. The next build I do will be with a Phanteks. With great airflow, and good case fans and a great cpu cooler, there should be very little reason to throw other fans into the box. I've been slightly overclocking my NZXT 410 with the case fans (three) and the Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO (an ASrock Z87 Extreme 4 mobo, and a EVGA Geforce GTX 780) and have never had a heating/cooling issue.

Let me know what you think, nothing's written in stone, but these are my suggestions. You really are/were on the right ttrack with a great machine.

And I only game at 1080p right now. So no laughter or judgment from me.

I also added an optical drive to the build, though you didn't mention it

Do you need an OS?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€239.90 @ Amazon France)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€85.41 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€144.90 @ Amazon France)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€99.60 @ Amazon France)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€224.06 @ Amazon France)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€69.99 @ Amazon France)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (€98.10 @ Amazon France)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€239.36 @ Amazon France)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer (€18.45 @ Amazon France)
Other: GTX 1070 (€380.00)
Total: €1599.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 03:30 CEST+0200

Solution

zerolima

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Thank you very much for the reply bro!

I will go for the Cryorig H5 Universal or the Cryorig H7, after all the research have made my decision.
I'll wait for those GPU's prices yes, but I expect around 400€.
Samsung it is then, I do not need more storage than 250GB SSD, right now I use about 100, its just windows, core software and games.
Optical drive is what I did not think about needing. Do you suggest I put one in?
I do not need windows, although I have one question, will Windows 7 work on this config or only Windows 10?
Yes I am going with EVGA G2, only dont know 750 or 850W due to later SLI upgrade...
This is over bugdet, around 1300 is my goal.

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014

A little more tweaking,and i was able to reduce it under €1250

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€239.90 @ Amazon France)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€84.98 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€144.90 @ Amazon France)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€64.89 @ Amazon France)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€60.99 @ Amazon France)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (€98.10 @ Amazon France)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€141.96 @ Amazon France)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer (€18.45 @ Amazon France)
Other: GTX 1070 (€380.00)
Total: €1234.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-31 14:22 CEST+0200

I still put optical drives in my machines. I know they are fading from use, but there are times when I still find one useful (my wife tends to burn cd/dvds still). Another alternative is to buy an external one, for those purposes. If you feel like you would never use it, or you have one that you can harvest from an old machine, then that's one less thing you have to buy.

Regarding Windows 7, many users have reported problems installing it on Skylake systems. Particularly when using a USB port to install. Whenever I build a machione using the most current generation parts, I use the most current OS.

TRENDING THREADS