[SOLVED] My new graphics card is not performing like it should

Jan 1, 2021
I recently just picked up a GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card and as soon as I loaded up the games I want to play it seems to not be performing as it should on high settings as shown in multiple benchmarks, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, do any update possible on the drivers/windows itself, and then used DDU to clean out the drivers and then reinstall them again myself. I'm not sure what else to do about this situation and would love some feedback.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37824879 - Benchmark test

I’d say the biggest issue is the single channel RAM. Then some games will stutter and have long load times if not installed on an SSD. How much you benefit from a cpu upgrade will depend on the specific game and may or may not be enough that you feel like an upgrade is needed. A cpu upgrade will require a motherboard upgrade so you are a long way to building a new system.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You may not be able to do it all right away, but it is what it is.
1)Getting away from single channel should be the highest priority.

Not as high on the list:
2)Clean up that SSD or replace it. They're pretty inefficient if even half full, and you've already stretched it with a 240GB.
3)Current game library onto an SSD.

Or what sizzling said.

Jan 1, 2021
You may not be able to do it all right away, but it is what it is.
1)Getting away from single channel should be the highest priority.

Not as high on the list:
2)Clean up that SSD or replace it. They're pretty inefficient if even half full, and you've already stretched it with a 240GB.
3)Current game library onto an SSD.

Or what sizzling said.
Thank you both so much for the feedback

D

Deleted member 2838871

I recently just picked up a GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card and as soon as I loaded up the games I want to play it seems to not be performing as it should on high settings as shown in multiple benchmarks
your ram is too slow
anyway u might want to check your cpu usage in games, as 4core cpu these days may not have enough firepower
[/URL]
Would it be better for me to get both a 6 core CPU and better RAM?

Yes... I agree with the other posters... ram... storage... and then other components.

I was in a similar boat recently with the same CPU. I got lucky with a preorder of a 3090... and when it arrived I sold my 1080 Ti. I used it for a couple weeks and just felt like the 7700k was holding me back... especially in MSFS2020.

So I just went all out and built an entirely new 10900k system. You do have cheaper alternatives but my point is the same... 4 core CPU was great in 2017... now... not so much. Another thing that fueled my decision to upgrade was I also do a lot of video related work... encoding... etc... and the beefier CPU also helps with that... a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I recently just picked up a GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card and as soon as I loaded up the games I want to play it seems to not be performing as it should on high settings as shown in multiple benchmarks, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, do any update possible on the drivers/windows itself, and then used DDU to clean out the drivers and then reinstall them again myself. I'm not sure what else to do about this situation and would love some feedback.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37824879 - Benchmark test
Their nothing wrong with your video card.

154%
Outstanding