[SOLVED] My new Graphics card is underperforming

Aug 1, 2019
System specs:

CPU: I5 6500
Graphics: GTX 1660ti Zotac Gaming MP
Mother Board:ECS H110I-C4P (1 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 2 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
SDD:Crucial_FCCT1024M550SSD1 (1024 GB, SATA-III)
BIOS: AMI (03/16/2016)
OS: Win 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763.615 (Win10 RS5 [1809] October 2018 Update)

The graphics card is brand new
(english is my second language sorry..)
If you need anymore information just let me know

Solution
We have reached a point of, if you want to play AAA titles, smoothly, at high settings, you really need more than a 4c/4t, or even a 6c/6t, cpu, based on gamer's nexus's frametime variance issues, of the 9600k. Hardware unboxed showed that even a Ryzen 1600, was superior to a 4c/4t 7600k, in such titles, in this regard. A used i7 7700/7700k would be the easiest option, if your board supports it, with a bios update. For the cost though, you might be better off with a Ryzen 5, 2600/3600.
You need to specify in what way does this 'underperformin' manifests itself.

But I can tell you rightaway that your CPU is bottlenecking your graphics card by at least 20%.

Your processor is too weak for this graphic card.

That's why you might get low FPS in games - because it's the processor which is the weak link.

Last edited:
You need to specify in what way does this 'underperformin' manifests itself.

But I can tell you rightaway that your CPU is bottlenecking your graphics card by at least 20%.

Your processor is too weak for this graphic card.

That's why you might get low FPS in games - because it's the processor which is the weak link.
There are so many factors that can affect performance, that the i5-6500 is only too weak in a certain scenario, but certainly not all scenarios.

Again, what games are you playing?

Are you playing single player or multiplayer?

What resolution are you playing at?

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Aug 1, 2019
i have installed all the lastes drivers
I have run Final Fantasy XV benchmark, it performs like a 1660
the temp on the gpu are normal but i hanvent check my cpu temps
Some times it drops frame in overwatch and dead by daylight

i have installed all the lastes drivers
I have run Final Fantasy XV benchmark, it performs like a 1660
the temp on the gpu are normal but i hanvent check my cpu temps
Some times it drops frame in overwatch and dead by daylight
Use an in-game monitoring program like MSI Afterburner to see if CPU usage is maxing out and if GPU usage is dropping. This will tell you if your CPU is holding you back.

Aug 1, 2019
Use an in-game monitoring program like MSI Afterburner to see if CPU usage is maxing out and if GPU usage is dropping. This will tell you if your CPU is holding you back.
I think it might be the CPU, when i run the benchmark the CPU usage is always at 100% while the GPU fluctuate between 99% and 93%

logainofhades

Titan
We have reached a point of, if you want to play AAA titles, smoothly, at high settings, you really need more than a 4c/4t, or even a 6c/6t, cpu, based on gamer's nexus's frametime variance issues, of the 9600k. Hardware unboxed showed that even a Ryzen 1600, was superior to a 4c/4t 7600k, in such titles, in this regard. A used i7 7700/7700k would be the easiest option, if your board supports it, with a bios update. For the cost though, you might be better off with a Ryzen 5, 2600/3600.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution