My new installed hard drive shows up under Drive Management Devices in Device Ma

rayboyred

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I just installed a new Western Device hard drive. After re-booting I was unable to locate the new hard drive. I went to Administrative Tools and there it was, under WD Drive Management devices in Device Manager not under Disk Drives. My install instructions didn't list that possibility.

I know that there is something I did not do but don't know what step I missed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rayboyred

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

Hawkeye22........Thanks for your reply to my problem. After posting my note I noticed I may have confused my new Western Digital drive with my external Western Digital drive.
My new WD drive is still not showing up. Even though I used a new data cable for my new drive and checked all my connections it doesn't appear to be there.
i guess I'll have to call in the Professional top guns. Sometimes us old codgers realize we just can't do the hard thinking any more. I might add I disconnected my old hard drive and left the new one hooked up after turning my computer back on, I got the following message "No Boot Device Available"
Sata 0 - None
Sata 1 - Installed
Sata 2 - Installed
Sata 3 - Installed

My old HD is on Sata 0 and I connected my new hard drive to Sata 3.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I didn't catch this the last time around. That is odd. It may be possible that the drive is defective. If the manual for the drive says it's plug-n-play, it should have been pre-formatted and simply show up in the OS.