Question My new M.2 ssd is not showing up

0_Swoozie_0

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017
Hey! i just got my self a new Patriot p300 256 GB M.2 ssd and its not showing up in windows half the time.
When i firtst installed it it dint show up, so i went to the bios to check if its showing up there and it did. I booted up windows again and there it was and i was able to speed test it and it came to about 800 MB read ( or write i dont remember ) but after that i rebooted my pc and it was not there and it was not showing up in the bios but when i unplugged my old hdd and left the nvme it showed up and i tried to install windows 10 on it from a usb drive but it ended up with an error and since my old hdd was lagging i formated it instead. I also updated my BIOS to the latest supported version for my pc configuration.

Note : on windows now its not even showing up in disk management.

my specs are

Asrock a320m-dgs
Ryzen 3 1200
Crucial 2x4gb at 2133mhz
Rx460 2gb
Aqproxx 500 watt PS
WD Purple 5400rpm drive
Patriot p300 256gb
Windows 10 Pro version

I've spent about 6 hours now troubleshooting it but nothing really worked
Tried installing and uninstalling, tried a dozen of youtube tutorials but no luck
Does anyone know what causes this problem or how to solve it?
Also is there any more info you guys need to help with the troubleshooting?

Edit: Grammar

Hey! i just got my self a new Patriot p300 256 GB M.2 ssd and its not showing up in windows half the time.
When i firtst installed it it dint show up, so i went to the bios to check if its showing up there and it did. I booted up windows again and there it was and i was able to speed test it and it came to about 800 MB read ( or write i dont remember ) but after that i rebooted my pc and it was not there and it was not showing up in the bios but when i unplugged my old hdd and left the nvme it showed up and i tried to install windows 10 on it from a usb drive but it ended up with an error and since my old hdd was lagging i formated it instead. I also updated my BIOS to the latest supported version for my pc configuration.

Note : on windows now its not even showing up in disk management.

my specs are

Asrock a320m-dgs
Ryzen 3 1200
Crucial 2x4gb at 2133mhz
Rx460 2gb
Aqproxx 500 watt PS
WD Purple 5400rpm drive
Patriot p300 256gb
Windows 10 Pro version

I've spent about 6 hours now troubleshooting it but nothing really worked
Tried installing and uninstalling, tried a dozen of youtube tutorials but no luck
Does anyone know what causes this problem or how to solve it?
Also is there any more info you guys need to help with the troubleshooting?

Edit: Grammar
Reseat the m.2 a couple of times.
Any diff?

Move the hdd to a different sata port.
Any diff?

0_Swoozie_0

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017
Reseat the m.2 a couple of times.
Any diff?

Move the hdd to a different sata port.
Any diff?

Yup that makes some times the disk show up on windows but when i try to click on it and use it it says " a device which does not exist was specified "
also on disk management it has Raw next to the size of the ssd like it did before
238.47 GB RAW

Also when i did try to format it it said the format dint complete or something like that

TRENDING THREADS