My new mothboard wont start. no post, no beeps, no video

Demon_fish

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Hey im really stuck with this.
I bought a Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard fairly recently and no matter what i do i cant get it to boot, ive tried lots of different things ive read in different forums and lists on the internet but im not having much luck. Im using an AMD Phenomx4 cpu and a HIS Radeon HD 4670 agp on the board. the psu is 780w im pretty sure and 1gb ddr2 ram, all the individual parts have been tested in other computers so i know there's nothing wrong with them. All that happens when i push the power button is the fans spin, no beeps and no video.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Solution
One of the most common mistakes is to miss out the extra four or eight pin 12v power block from the power supply to the motherboard.

The four pin block from the psu needs to be connected to the four pin block of the motherboard located near or around the cpu socket. the top edge for you it`s white in color.

If it is not connected two things happen, the fans spin for a second and the board shuts down, and you will get no post of the bios or one beep from it to say everything is ok.

So have a check !
One of the most common mistakes is to miss out the extra four or eight pin 12v power block from the power supply to the motherboard.

The four pin block from the psu needs to be connected to the four pin block of the motherboard located near or around the cpu socket. the top edge for you it`s white in color.

If it is not connected two things happen, the fans spin for a second and the board shuts down, and you will get no post of the bios or one beep from it to say everything is ok.

So have a check !

Solution

Demon_fish

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Hey thanks for the reply.
I did check again to make sure but it is connected, its one of the first things i do, the computer also doesnt power off until i hold in the power button, it just sits there with the fans spinning.