Question My new motherboard makes my GPU 5 beeps (no BIOS, Black screen)

Mar 19, 2022
I changed my motherboard and my cpu after I tried to fix a lot of ways there is no sign of the bios showing :(
The first time I boot with my new CPU and MB there's no bios showing up it always skip to window boot (maybe about UEFI booting)
so I tried the way to access bios from windows like Settings>System>Recovery Options>Advanced Setup that needed to restart, I restarted and there is no sign of bios or windows recovery tool.
so I tried to reset CMOS <- and after this, there is no sign of any boot at all no bios no windows nothing just a fan spinning

The fact I knew.
  • I can boot to windows but there is no sign of bios.
  • After I reset CMOS I can't get access to windows anymore.
then I put the bios speaker on a MB and to find out what was going on, That speaker do 5 short beeps (Process error, Processor error) so I removed all of the storage, USB, unused headers and tried to boot with 1 ram, eraser the RAM, GPU contact, check the CPU socket, It's all same result. :|
so I send my MB and CPU back to the seller and they check it they said It ran normally. so I need help from anyone that can help me If I miss something :(
I'm using all of my old setup parts to write this forum it's run properly

My old setup is
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 pulse 4GB
MB: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (8GBx2)
SSD: WD Black SN750 500GB
PSU: Aerocool 500w 80+ White

My new motherboard
MB: Asrock B660m HD-V
CPU: Intel i5-12400f
- and all of my old GPU,RAM,SSD,PSU

messageImage_1647448322421.jpeg

btw: sorry for my bed eng.

Mar 19, 2022
UPDATE: I try to use my old GPU (Nvidia GTX760) to try if it has any beep problem: No it doesn't!! I can normally access to bios and do whatever I want. but after I put my Sapphire RX 580 pulse 4GB back there's no way to access bios and motherboard do 5 beeps but I can boot to windows normally (maybe about uefi or fast boot) and I tried to play some game Its run properly.
now i want to fix the bios problem with my rx580 there's anyway?

• I already update bios firmware version
  • Motherboard I used b660m hdv
  • with rx580 I can boot to windows normally but I have no access to bios (There are 5 beeps when I start the pc)
  • I used eraser to clean rx580 contact area.

Last edited: