[SOLVED] My new PC crash and hangs on after some hours of playing

Aug 5, 2019
Hello members,
Before beginning with my original problem , i would like to talk about my previous problem that i have fixed.
I have bought a new fresh PC last couple of months. I installed the PC and the components , but I have had a problem with the RAM. When i boot up the PC and enter windows , it gives me a blue screen with : MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I tried to fix it, then later i figured out that one of my RAM was not working properly (I tested it in my another PC and it crashed). So after that i unplugged the infected RAM and playing with only single RAM while waiting them to change my infected RAM. So my PC was working good with only single RAM until the last two week.

My Original problem is : When i start my PC and logging to my windows , i have like 1 hour or maybe less , then the PC hangs or crash and gives me pure blue screen (or sometimes pure green screen after i updated Windows 10 to Version #1903) without any information about error types or anything. And sometimes i get "No signal" in my monitor however, my PC's fans and lights are working. There are some tries i did to fix my PC , but all didn't solve the problem.
PS : My PC was working greatly before like 2 weeks , then i moved to my another apartment and got these problems.

I tried to google the problem , but i gave up on searching for my specific problem. I did try to test some solutions, what i did :
  1. Change my power supply with another one.
  2. Update all drivers of my components
  3. Update Windows 10
  4. tried to unplug all the HDD's and working only with the M.2 SSD
  5. Change all cables
  6. Plug my PC to another wall socket
  7. Tried with different GPU.
  8. Plus : We did clearing the CMOS with the jump and removing battery.
I really don't know what is the problem , i would like to know where's the problem specifically. Is it from the motherboard , RAM , CPU , Storage (SSD or HDD's)? I really think there's a hardware failure in some of my components since the old RAM was not working.

Note : i installed my OS in AHCI mode.

My PC specifications :

Motherboard : MSI Z 390 - A PRO
RAM : 1x16 GM 2400 MHz DDR4
CPU : Intel i7 8700 LGA1 151
GPU : GTX 980 Ti
Power Supple : 650 WATT
Case : MasterBox MB520 RED TRIM
SSD M.2 : Silicon Power 512 GB , NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280

Solution
When windows 10 starts it runs a report. If report finds the previous restart was unexpected it creates event 141. So the hardware errors showing in your screens are just reactions, not actually showing why. I was looking for other errors but it appears windows doesn't know why it restarted.

when you swapped Power supplies, were they the same models? Only ask as you say your other PC has same one.

what was the other GPU?

It does look like it is the PSU itself, I would get one from Seasonic - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-is-the-gigabyte-greenmax-650w.1848297/

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you look for reliability history
open the control panel result
There should be red X errors on any day PC crashed.
click on an X and in the bottom column, click on the View technical details screen and show link here.

What brand name/model is POwer Supply?

I moved post into systems as you might get more attention here :)

Reactions: NobleNinja
Aug 5, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

I have screen shots for the panel you mentioned, it looks like there're hardware errors! Here is it :

5nUFdia.png

FafN4kQ.png

WMU2dBK.png

X84proh.png

The text of one hardware error :
Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff9407786df010
Parameter 2: fffff8056fbc4710
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 490
OS version: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

-------------
About the power supply : GIGABYTE GreenMax PLUS 650W
A picture of it :
73a035e192715c3675d6e105e6541da299778998.jpg

Is there any way to identify the hardware problem??
I think the Motherboard which i bought is not working properly...

Aug 5, 2019
UPDATE : I ran the GPU on my another working PC which has same Power Supply (GIGABYTE GreenMax PLUS 650W ) , i got the same problem (No signal on the screen and audio was working, but there was some jamming)!

Maybe the power supply is not providing enough power?

Colif

Win 11 Master
When windows 10 starts it runs a report. If report finds the previous restart was unexpected it creates event 141. So the hardware errors showing in your screens are just reactions, not actually showing why. I was looking for other errors but it appears windows doesn't know why it restarted.

when you swapped Power supplies, were they the same models? Only ask as you say your other PC has same one.

what was the other GPU?

It does look like it is the PSU itself, I would get one from Seasonic - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-is-the-gigabyte-greenmax-650w.1848297/

Reactions: NobleNinja
Solution
Aug 5, 2019
I didn't swap the PSU in yesterday try, i have 2 PCs in my room. One which has the problem , and other one is working perfectly. However, both of them have same PSU.
My working PC has Geforce GTX 960 4 GB.
So, i took the other GPU (GTX 980 Ti of the PC which has a problem) and ran it in my working PC, it gave me the "No signal" problem after like playing hard.

So, maybe the PSU is not providing enough power?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I didn't swap the PSU in yesterday try, i have 2 PCs in my room. One which has the problem , and other one is working perfectly. However, both of them have same PSU.
My working PC has Geforce GTX 960 4 GB.
So, i took the other GPU (GTX 980 Ti of the PC which has a problem) and ran it in my working PC, it gave me the "No signal" problem after like playing hard.

So, maybe the PSU is not providing enough power?

It sure looks like its the PSU model. I would get something like - https://seasonic.com/focus-plus-gold - as their PSU can normally go above the 650 if need be and is more efficient that the 80 Bronze unit you have now. MIght cost more but it will keep screen on when game is at full tilt.