Question My new Pc keeps crashing (Hardware error 117)

Jan 4, 2021
My new pc kept crashing during benchmark tests. After a couple troubleshoot steps my pc almost crashed and an AMD bug report popped up. I can't figure out if it's the driver, my pc cooling, or a power delivery problem. After getting the bug report pop up I ran the test again and instead of a pop up I got a green screen and my pc crashed. I'm running an Asrock rx5700xt Taichi and a 3700x cpu with the stock cooler and the adrenaline 20.12.1 driver. My cpu and gpu temps stay around high 60-75c range when running the Heaven benchmark test. Here is a video: Pc crashing View: https://imgur.com/a/e1bqFq5

When looking for potential software problems I found these error reports:

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 117
Parameter 1: ffffcf85b6db3460
Parameter 2: fffff80129d2e590
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Event 18:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Also Event 18:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

Can someone please help me decipher these?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021
I built It a few weeks ago and have been experiencing the problems since day one. Here is a user benchmark for a closer look at my specs: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37643806. The power supply that I am running is a Gigabyte P650B and yes I have both updated and tried older drivers. The only thing that I haven't updated yet is the bios because I am not too sure that it will make a difference, perhaps I should try doing so.

Latest posts