Question My new PC keeps restarting every time I try to open Skyrim (and in other situations)

Jan 25, 2022
Good evening. I made a thread in "systems", but a friend told me I should open it here.

One of my friends redirected me to this forum and told me you might be able to help me, so, first of all, I thank everyone in the community for creating such a wonderful place for help.

Last week I finally built my new PC, this is my current setup:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mzhmPX

My problem is, my PC reboots at the moment I open a game (tried with Skyrim and PUBG), between 10 and 20 seconds of the game, it reboots.
But problem is, it does it in other moments too, for example I was working for like 3 or 4 hours and it rebooted for no reason.

Here is a list of things I tried or I had to do:
  • At first my motherboard wasn't compatible with my CPU and I had to update the BIOS for it to work.
  • Unticked the automatic restart by windows. (also, first time with windows 10 btw).
  • Updated all the CPU drivers, and pretty much all drivers with easydriver.
  • Tried activating the overclocking but didn't understood much and it kept happening so I disabled it.
  • Tried putting the minimum % of CPU usage in 5% and the maximum in 90% in energy options.
  • Changed the RAMs to different slots.
Every bit of help is deeply appreciated, because I do not know much about hardware or tech, so a friend helped me building this PC. And my computer is my main working tool.

Thank you.

Little update: I've been told some info on the PSU is important here, I do not understand much about it, but I found these numbers on HWiNFO:
PSU.png

xrobwx71

Commendable
Sep 9, 2020
www.sysnative.com
Your video card is not included in the pcpartpicker link.

Stop using drivereasy. Those driver programs cause more issue than they cure. Always get driver direct from the manufacturer.

Test your memory.

If they pass.

See here for instructions on how to remove and re-install the video driver.

Let us know.

Jan 25, 2022
Hello and thank you so much for the answer!

I didn't bought a video card yet, as I don't have the money (it took me many months to buy these things, that's why i'm a bit saddened this error keeps happening), I plan to buy it later this year, but I heard I could play that particular game with my CPU card, the ADM Radeon Graphics.

As soon as I get home I will test my memory! Thank you for that info.

About drivereasy, okay, thanks, I didn't knew that, I'm sure the CPU drivers (and the included radeon graphics), I updated it from the manufacturer website, in an ADM Radeon file. If I recall correctly the only drivers I needed to upload with drivereasy were the sound card drivers.
But if you recommend me to remove and re-install the video drivers I will try that too!

Thank you Xrobwx71!

Jan 25, 2022
A little update, when I try to rotate pictures with the windows photo tool, it also reboots randomly.

Not with adobe photoshop, that seems to work fine.

Jan 25, 2022
Your video card is not included in the pcpartpicker link.

Stop using drivereasy. Those driver programs cause more issue than they cure. Always get driver direct from the manufacturer.

Test your memory.

If they pass.

See here for instructions on how to remove and re-install the video driver.

Let us know.

Hello, it took something like 5 hours, but it finished.
0 errors in memory.