[SOLVED] My new pc keeps restarting

Sep 3, 2020
Hi guys! Noob here, had a friend build my pc for me.

The problem is that I can't play any high-end games without the pc restarting. No blue screen or anything like that, it just restarts. Funny thing is that my kids can play Minecraft or Roblox just fine. I've checked some forums and they say it could be the power supply. My current setup is a Ryzen 5 2600, MSi B450M PRO-M2 MAX, 16GB 3666Mhz DDR4, and Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB (2nd hand). I have 4 fans and am planning to add 4 more since my friend advised me to. The PSU is 600w. Help a guy out?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
With 4 fans installed now and planning to add 4 more, how many watts should I get for the PSU?
The sweet spot now a day is 650w Bronze 80+ rating. Something like a Corsair CXM series or EVGA G5 650w that just came out. Both would come to under hundred dollars. As for adding 4 more fans that is pointless if you already have enough intaking in the front and just one exhaust fan is spinning fast enough can move the hot air out. People put fans up top or liquid cooling up top or in front. TLDR 🐦

Depends every system is different as to really how many fans they need. If you have a intake and a exhaust and you say you have 2 more not including CPU HSF or PSU fan or video card fans then I don't know the objective of adding more fans would do. What are your temps when gaming. Grab something like HWmonitor and have it running while you play a intense game and before it restarts exit out and look at the results and export them out for us to see. Your playing a more demanding game then your kid so I can understand why it doesn't crash for him but crashes or restarts for you. So ya basically get us your temps or your hwmonitor and what not. Also I hope the video card gets really loud so it is cooling it properly and that is not a factor. Also for heck of it see if you can flash the BIOS to latest version. Then do a BIOS set to optimized defaults and in Windows set power plan to balanced and give here a whirl. 🖐✌☮🎗👈☮

Sep 3, 2020
The sweet spot now a day is 650w Bronze 80+ rating. Something like a Corsair CXM series or EVGA G5 650w that just came out. Both would come to under hundred dollars. As for adding 4 more fans that is pointless if you already have enough intaking in the front and just one exhaust fan is spinning fast enough can move the hot air out. People put fans up top or liquid cooling up top or in front. TLDR 🐦

Depends every system is different as to really how many fans they need. If you have a intake and a exhaust and you say you have 2 more not including CPU HSF or PSU fan or video card fans then I don't know the objective of adding more fans would do. What are your temps when gaming. Grab something like HWmonitor and have it running while you play a intense game and before it restarts exit out and look at the results and export them out for us to see. Your playing a more demanding game then your kid so I can understand why it doesn't crash for him but crashes or restarts for you. So ya basically get us your temps or your hwmonitor and what not. Also I hope the video card gets really loud so it is cooling it properly and that is not a factor. Also for heck of it see if you can flash the BIOS to latest version. Then do a BIOS set to optimized defaults and in Windows set power plan to balanced and give here a whirl. 🖐✌☮🎗👈☮
Was not able to get the screenshots you asked for because just starting up a game like Starcraft 2 or Resident Evil 2 restarts the pc like maybe less than 1 minute into the game. I was able to do a stress test using Furmark for around 1 hour and everything was fine, temps were at 43c, topping out at around 60c. I already ordered a Corsair, just waiting for it to get delivered.