Question My new PC keeps shutting down randomly

Oct 1, 2021
Hello there, hope your day is going well.
This year I picked the parts for my PC and it was built, had the bios and windows installed by someone else. I am not the most tech savvy person but I know my way around most electronics, so if I don't understand something or don't know something I am sorry in advance.
The first odd thing that occured is that the pc kept bootlopping when my ram sticks were put in B1 and B2 ( I had 4 ram sticks )
It would refuse to even post, it would turn on, and within 5 seconds shut down and start the loop.
The same thing would happen if you tried a dual channel setup. Basically if you put a ram slot in B1 or B2 at all the PC would not post.
So the sticks were put in A1 and A2 and both sticks were working fine and were read correctly by the motherboard.
Then around 2 weeks passed of me using the pc without any issue at all. Then one day it just randomly shut down, I figured it was odd so I tried to turn it back on. Nope.
It wouldn't turn on at all. After a day I tried again, it booted up, it worked for around 2-4 hours and then it shut down again. I tried removing the psu cable, pressing the back psu button, anything that came to my mind. It would get power, be on for a few minutes then shut down. If it somehow managed to turn on right after turning on it would shut down seconds later.
So the sooner it's turned on after shutting down, the sooner it will shut down.
I tried unplugging my GPU, Fans, Cpu cooler even putting in different ram sticks and the issue keeps happening.
My cpu pins, my assembly, are all correct. My drivers are up to date and my windows and bios are up to date as well.

My parts are :
Ryzen 9 5900x
Asrock X570 Taichi
RTX 3080 Founders Edition
NZXT Kraken Z63
Corsair RM1000X
Seagate Barracuda 4TB x 2
Adata XPG sx8200 Nvme 1TB
HyperX DDR4 16GB x 2 ( Originally it was Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB x 4 )

https://streamable.com/b5009v

This link should show you how the shutdowns look, I hope it helps.

Hello there, hope your day is going well.
This year I picked the parts for my PC and it was built, had the bios and windows installed by someone else. I am not the most tech savvy person but I know my way around most electronics, so if I don't understand something or don't know something I am sorry in advance.
The first odd thing that occured is that the pc kept bootlopping when my ram sticks were put in B1 and B2 ( I had 4 ram sticks )
It would refuse to even post, it would turn on, and within 5 seconds shut down and start the loop.
The same thing would happen if you tried a dual channel setup. Basically if you put a ram slot in B1 or B2 at all the PC would not post.
So the sticks were put in A1 and A2 and both sticks were working fine and were read correctly by the motherboard.
Then around 2 weeks passed of me using the pc without any issue at all. Then one day it just randomly shut down, I figured it was odd so I tried to turn it back on. Nope.
It wouldn't turn on at all. After a day I tried again, it booted up, it worked for around 2-4 hours and then it shut down again. I tried removing the psu cable, pressing the back psu button, anything that came to my mind. It would get power, be on for a few minutes then shut down. If it somehow managed to turn on right after turning on it would shut down seconds later.
So the sooner it's turned on after shutting down, the sooner it will shut down.
I tried unplugging my GPU, Fans, Cpu cooler even putting in different ram sticks and the issue keeps happening.
My cpu pins, my assembly, are all correct. My drivers are up to date and my windows and bios are up to date as well.

My parts are :
Ryzen 9 5900x
Asrock X570 Taichi
RTX 3080 Founders Edition
NZXT Kraken Z63
Corsair RM1000X
Seagate Barracuda 4TB x 2
Adata XPG sx8200 Nvme 1TB
HyperX DDR4 16GB x 2 ( Originally it was Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB x 4 )

https://streamable.com/b5009v

This link should show you how the shutdowns look, I hope it helps.
Recheck MB manual, memory should most probably be in A2 and B2 slots.

Reactions: kurdtnz