My new PC with SSD and HDD (HELP)

tjokrohw

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I just build a new PC with SSD and HDD.
I installed the Windows 8.1 in the SSD.

Everytime I would like to install or extract any games to HDD they say "access denied" "error" etc, but If I extract it to desktop it works.

Anyone can help me?
Is is true I can only install or extract to SSD or desktop?

I can installed it to desktop and after the installation I can copy the folder and paste to HDD but its waste of time.

Solution
It sounds like you have permissions for the HDD screwed up. Bring up your drives in Windows Explorer, then right-mouse click on your HDD (I assume it's your "D" drive?), then left-click on Properties. In the Properties window go to the Security tab. Make sure that both the users SYSTEM and your UserID have Full Controll permissions to the HDD, and if not give them both Full Control, then click OK as many times as you need to exit out. That should do it.

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
It sounds like you have permissions for the HDD screwed up. Bring up your drives in Windows Explorer, then right-mouse click on your HDD (I assume it's your "D" drive?), then left-click on Properties. In the Properties window go to the Security tab. Make sure that both the users SYSTEM and your UserID have Full Controll permissions to the HDD, and if not give them both Full Control, then click OK as many times as you need to exit out. That should do it.

Solution