[SOLVED] my new PC

Jun 3, 2020
I just built my new PC, and I'm getting 5 short beeps I believe. When I turned it on for the first time, it came on for 3 seconds then turned itself off. It then turned itself back on again and started beeping. My mother who was on hand turned it off right away, and later turned the power button back on, as I heard 5 short beeps. I'm using a B365M DS3H Gigabyte motherboard, a i3 - 9100F CPU, and no external graphics card. Gigabyte says 5 short beeps is a CPU error, but I'm not 100% sure that is the case with this motherboard model. I also did not have any peripherals plugged in so far. So far, I've taken the CPU Cooler off and put the CPU to the side.

I just built my new PC, and I'm getting 5 short beeps I believe. When I turned it on for the first time, it came on for 3 seconds then turned itself off. It then turned itself back on again and started beeping. My mother who was on hand turned it off right away, and later turned the power button back on, as I heard 5 short beeps. I'm using a B365M DS3H Gigabyte motherboard, a i3 - 9100F CPU, and no external graphics card. Gigabyte says 5 short beeps is a CPU error, but I'm not 100% sure that is the case with this motherboard model. I also did not have any peripherals plugged in so far. So far, I've taken the CPU Cooler off and put the CPU to the side.
Your CPU doesn't haven an iGPU so it will error out when you turn it on which is probably why you get the CPU error.