My New PSU won't work.

PhantMorb

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hey guys!

I have a pre-built pc and I wanna upgrade its PSU.. So I bought a Corsair TX550M. I put it on/installed it. But my pc wont boot completely. :( My system just kept on turning off and on. The Led light on the power button just kept on flickering as well. Then I checked the fan of my New Corsair PSU (while connected) and it is not working properly and the fan wasnt even rotating. I also tried putting back my old PSU and everything works just fine.

Here is the specs of my pc:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=5330773&spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03668430-6%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

I wanted a 550 watts for my system cause I changed the 7570 gpu installed in it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi - I also agree with RMA, but just insure 1st that you plugged the necessay PSU cables into the mobo securley, the 20/24 pin mob connector, the 4/8 pin CPU cable, and the cables for the HDD and optical drive.

I had a couple occasions when installing something new(card reader, USB 3.0), I didn't plug the 24pin mobo connector firmly enough.

PhantMorb

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Thanks for replying guys! :)

Im sure that I connected the cables properly and securely. I just bought the PSU 2 days ago. They have a Direct Replacement plan. I can still return it and exchange for a new one if they find the unit really dead before I got it.

So, u guys are saying that I bought a bad brand new Corsair PSU? And is that even possible?

DOA's can happen even with the best mfgd items in any line of goods.

PhantMorb

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
So guys... Before I return the PSU, I decided to try a final test. I tried the "Paperclip" test and the PSU WORKED! Fan is working good too. Then I tried it on my system, but same thing. It wouldn't work and POST.

Any ideas guys?