Question My new ram doesn't work properly

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
So I bought a new 8gb ddr3 (1333mhz) ram about 2 months ago... I have an i5 2320 processor and a intel DH61WW motherboard.. I already have a 4gb ram (1333mhz) so I tried using 8+4 GB and everytime the pc shuts down .. it starts with a beep.. and sometimes it would start . But later display errors such as non pages or memory management or kernwl issue and would restart.. I was able to game for few days.. after which it kept crashing automatically and blue screening.. the same happens when I use the 8gb stick alone in either of the slots..it either doesn't boot up or on booting up it keeps crashing.. but it doesn't happen like that when I use the 4 GB stick alone... But on checking in Google.. my board and CPU supports the ram.. can someone pls help me.. I am a small YouTuber and gamer and this is my only pc..

Test each stick individually with memtest86.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.
Sounds to me like your 8gb stick may be defective.

Do not be surprised if two disparate sticks do not work together.
That is why ram is sold only as a kit for the capacity specified only.

Use CPU-Z to determine what your current motherboard bios level is.
The current is 0120.
Here is the link:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/54876/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH61WW

I say this only because I see very many updates for your motherboard.
Normally, one should not flash the bios unless the update fixes a problem you are having.
A quick scan does not identify such ram issues.
Here are the release notes:
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Be VERY careful if you chose to flash your bios.
A failed bios flash can make it nasty or even impossible to recover from.

Last edited:

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Test each stick individually with memtest86.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.
Sounds to me like your 8gb stick may be defective.

Do not be surprised if two disparate sticks do not work together.
That is why ram is sold only as a kit for the capacity specified only.

Use CPU-Z to determine what your current motherboard bios level is.
The current is 0120.
Here is the link:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/54876/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH61WW

I say this only because I see very many updates for your motherboard.
Normally, one should not flash the bios unless the update fixes a problem you are having.
A quick scan does not identify such ram issues.
Here are the release notes:
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Be VERY careful if you chose to flash your bios.
A failed bios flash can make it nasty or even impossible to recover from.
Bro..when I use the 8gb ram . My pc hardly works for 5 mins .. it keeps crashing and once it crashes it goes to blue screen and when it restarts.. it says pc needs repair and just stays like that.. I can't test it out using the 8gb ram.. and I upgraded my bios just last year.. around the may month of last year bro. But yea I will check it..but I can't test using the 8gb stick cuz it doesn't work however I use it .. together or individually.. some ppl who I know r telling it's not supported... But I don't believe dat..cuz in Google..in Intel's site it says.. my processor can support upto 32gb and by board upto 16 GB.. it does support then right?

You are probably fine on bios level.

Ram normally has a lifetime warranty.
Perhaps yours is defective and should be returned.
Sometimes the internal construction of ram keeps it from working properly on a motherboard.
What is the exact make/model of your 8gb stick??
Go to the web site of the ram vendor and access their ram selection app.
If you see the model you have there, it is supported.
Otherwise, possibly not.

Download memtest86 to a USB stick. Boot from that to test your ram.Memtest86 is the gold standard fro testing ram. It does not use windows.

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
You are probably fine on bios level.

Ram normally has a lifetime warranty.
Perhaps yours is defective and should be returned.
Sometimes the internal construction of ram keeps it from working properly on a motherboard.
What is the exact make/model of your 8gb stick??
Go to the web site of the ram vendor and access their ram selection app.
If you see the model you have there, it is supported.
Otherwise, possibly not.

Download memtest86 to a USB stick. Boot from that to test your ram.Memtest86 is the gold standard fro testing ram. It does not use windows.
My ram is a Samsung ddr3 ram... 1333mhz 8gb.. so I shld download memtest86 and run some tests for both the ram individually?

Mar 16, 2019
Since you're already changing the ram out, you'll be able to conduct another test. Be repetitive and take proper procedures when installing new RAM.

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Hey guys.. um I got a new ram... A new 8gb ddr3 1333 MHz Samsung ram... But the issue still exists... Like in both slots .. individually or with the 4gb.. it keeps crashing... It starts... Blue screens and restarts..this is what keeps hpning. I donno wat to do.. the shop keeper checked the ram and only gave.

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Guys... My pc works fine but when I game it crashes.. can u pls help me... When it's in desktop and stuff and all its working fine...but when I game it bluescreens and crashes

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Did you update drivers of your graphics card to latest version?

Can you show a photo of the blue screen, you're getting?

Yea I updated my driver's just yest.. and yes the memtest said ram has no errors...after fin it I rebooted pc and it crashed again...it wasn't even a sec after entering into desktop.. and I get so many diff bluescreen errors
  1. Paged nom paged erro
  2. Irql error
  3. Kernel error
  4. Memory management error

TRENDING THREADS