Question My new ram doesn't work properly

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
So I bought a new 8gb ddr3 (1333mhz) ram about 2 months ago... I have an i5 2320 processor and a intel DH61WW motherboard.. I already have a 4gb ram (1333mhz) so I tried using 8+4 GB and everytime the pc shuts down .. it starts with a beep.. and sometimes it would start . But later display errors such as non pages or memory management or kernwl issue and would restart.. I was able to game for few days.. after which it kept crashing automatically and blue screening.. the same happens when I use the 8gb stick alone in either of the slots..it either doesn't boot up or on booting up it keeps crashing.. but it doesn't happen like that when I use the 4 GB stick alone... But on checking in Google.. my board and CPU supports the ram.. can someone pls help me.. I am a small YouTuber and gamer and this is my only pc..

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
I again used my pc now... As I said while starting it from shut down..it loads... And bluescreens and works prprly... After that I was able to game... While shutting down again..it bluescreens and restarts ..how do I fix this?

awesomeleo

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
So you changed ram frequency to 1333mhz 1.6V, before BSODs started appearing again?
Then I guess, you have to set it back to 1066mhz 1.6V.

You can also try increasing dram voltage to 1.65V.
No I didn't change it to 1333 MHz.. it's still in 1067 and 1.6 v and bsods occur only while shutting down or starting pc after shutting down.. then they restrat... And they run fine. Shld I try changing it to 1333 MHz and 1.65 v?

TRENDING THREADS