Question my new RAM is not working, help please!

Aug 8, 2019
hello so i recently bought some brand new ram for my old Desktop wich has a P7H55 Motherboard. the ram i bought is some (2x) CORSAIR VALUESELECT 4Gb 1333Mhz. with both sticks put into the slots my pc will not boot. it will get stuck on the Black screen with the white text inb4 windows loadscreen. making it unable to acces the BIOS. when i put only 1 stick in however, i am able to enter the BIOS and i can see that the ram is being recognized because the system information will display the 4GB rams. it will continue to boot up the windows logo and then it will crash to a blue screen and it will say IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. i have tried booting from a usb stick that contains memstest. wich doesnt work. 2 sticks it will freeze at black screen again, 1 stick it will freeze on a black screen with a blinking "-" top left of the screen doing nothing else. i have went into the BIOS to manually change the DRAM frequency from AUTO to 1333Mhz and also i have tried changing the DRAM Voltage from set 1.2V to 1.5V. I have tried taking out the CMOS battery. but nothing works. i have considered updating the BIOS but obviously im not tech-savvi at all and i don't think its worth it risking to brick my motherboard over this. since my pc is working fine with the old ram in it atm. i don't think installing a driver for the ram will work but honestly have not tried that yet..im just so sick of it at this point lol. i have been swapping out the rams over different slots in different combinations to see if it was just 1 specific stick that is causing problems or is faulty...but everything seems fine. i have looked up my motherboard to see if the ram is compatible and it sais my motherboard supports 1333Mhz,1600,1800 and even 2000.
if anyone can shed some light or come with some good ideas as to how i can solve this problem that would be awesome!

lynx1021

Distinguished
From Amazon page " Asus P7H55-M LX based on Intel 1st generation Core i3/i5/i7 processors and H55 chipset that supported low density DDR3 memory up to 8GB in 2 expansion slots. It does not work with high density memory"
My old 775 boards only support low density memory also.

Reactions: Frongsdongs

TRENDING THREADS