Question My new system is surprised me

Jun 25, 2019
Good day, I've collected a new system
Asus Prime A320M-K
Amd ryzen 3 2200g
Corsair 8GB 3000MHz DDR4
from my old computer:
bross atx-230

I installed windows 10 but after a while the computer freezes no response, two three times I threw the format from scratch on the first boot, windows update etc .. no process can finish half of the process freezes (I can only update the bios version successfully) what do you think could it be? Is psu enough? (I installed windows on ssd and hdd I tried for Is the problem on disk) What do you think?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Just a quick glance at that PSU, and it's not even "enough" to be used as a doorstop. The internals would weigh absolutely nothing.

a92e82a638a006d06a5d961196f6e1c7.png

A peak of 13A on the 12V rail = 156W. Sustained 10A @ 12V = 120W.

That PSU is absolute garbage to begin with, let alone after a period of use.
Whether it's the problem or not, I wouldn't even attempt to use that system running on that PSU.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Limited availability worldwide remix, so unless we know where the OP is, it's tough to recommend.
Ultimately, almost any PSU is going to be a better route to go vs that junk..... but only units like the VS from Corsair, S12II from SeaSonic and a couple of others have near worldwide availability.

As an aside, for the US, the new S12III units are usually cheaper than that BR, and pretty good quality.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator