Question My new system won't post with the graphics card installed!

Jul 11, 2022
Hello, I recently built a computer with these specs; and for some reason the computer will not post when the graphics card is installed!

msi pro b660-a ddr4
Intel Core i5-12600k
EVGA 650W power supply
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHZ
Samsung nvme 1TB SSD
gtx 1050 ti

I have tried everything under the sun, I've updated the bios, downgraded the bios (by clearing the CMOS), enabled and disabled integrated graphics running while dedicated graphics is attached, I've replaced the motherboard, cpu, and ram with the same parts. None of my pins are bent and everything is working perfectly until the GPU is installed... it will not even Post!!!!! (The fans spin but there is not display output, and no error light message on the motherboard) I've tried different gpus, and confirmed all the gpus I have tried work fine by installing them into different computers! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick question first I need to ask. Might not be related to your current issue at hand though.

Does your GTX 1050 Ti GPU require any external 1x 6-pin power connector ? Although, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti does not require any additional power connector, since its power draw is rated at 75 W maximum, there are some custom AIB models which require an external power connector.

Assuming your card does indeed require an external 6-PIN PEG cable, then try plugging it in. Else, can you test/check the GPU on some other system as well ?

I've tried different gpus, and confirmed all the gpus I have tried work fine by installing them into different computers! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

What all GPUs you have tried ? Do these cards work on your current system as well, which you bought recently ?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022
Just a quick question first I need to ask. Might not be related to your current issue at hand though.

Does your GTX 1050 Ti GPU require any external 1x 6-pin power connector ? Although, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti does not require any additional power connector, since its power draw is rated at 75 W maximum, there are some custom AIB models which require an external power connector.

Assuming your card does indeed require an external 6-PIN PEG cable, then try plugging it in. Else, can you test/check the GPU on some other system as well ?

What all GPUs you have tried ? Do these cards work on your current system as well, which you bought recently ?

Hello, thank you for the response!
Unfortunely there is no pin connectors or anything that should be connected to the PSU on the 1050 ti, however I have tested a rtx 2070 super and a lower end hp card from a prebuilt that I think is an older 10 series card all on this system to no avail. All of the gpus I tested work fine on other systems so I have no idea what is going on.

;(

Okay, no worries. Thanks for confirming. From your description, this sounds more like an issue with your current system/PC, and not the GPU. Since other GPUs also don't work on this system.

By the way is your GTX 1050 Ti GPU brand new, or a used/second hand card? But since you recently built this computer, then I assume the GPU is also brand new.

Jul 11, 2022
Okay, no worries. Thanks for confirming. From your description, this sounds more like an issue with your current system/PC, and not the GPU. Since other GPUs also don't work on this system.

By the way is your GTX 1050 Ti GPU brand new, or a used/second hand card? But since you recently built this computer, then I assume the GPU is also brand new.
No unfortunately the gpu is second hand, I got it from my friend but he has kept it well maintained and dust free since he bought it.

Jul 11, 2022
casual question. Before your friend gave you the 1050ti, have you seen the gpu functioning properly on his pc? If not, then it might have been bricked even before it was handed to you.
Unfortunately yes, it was working... and is working, it works when I install it back into his computer. I think this might be a BIOS problem because all my hardware works ;(

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
I guess that rules out a bricked card problem. Looks like it's something else in your new rig, and not the gpu. Sorry, can't help you further.

have a 1050ti too, and I didn't need to disable integrated graphics or change anything in bios to install it. Just slotted in the gpu while the power is off, turned on pc, installed drivers. finished.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022
I guess that rules out a bricked card problem. Looks like it's something else in your new rig, and not the gpu. Sorry, can't help you further.

have a 1050ti too, and I didn't need to disable integrated graphics or change anything in bios to install it. Just slotted in the gpu while the power is off, turned on pc, installed drivers. finished.
Alright, well thank you for the response anyway!

Hello, thank you for the response!
Unfortunely there is no pin connectors or anything that should be connected to the PSU on the 1050 ti, however I have tested a rtx 2070 super and a lower end hp card from a prebuilt that I think is an older 10 series card all on this system to no avail. All of the gpus I tested work fine on other systems so I have no idea what is going on.

;(
If no cards work in your computer the next suspect is the motherboard and its PCIe slot.