My new thread / post is gone. Howcome ?

k00ly

Commendable
Oct 22, 2017
I posted a question yesterday on Laptop Tech Support.

If I am not mistaken, the title is roughly: "Windows constantly/often failed to boot, Linux is Fine". I posted it yesterday (Saturday March 3 2019, around night time UTC).

It's now gone from 'Your threads'. I already got one reply last night and now trying to try the solution. But now it's gone... I am confused. Why? How? How can I retrieve it back?

D

Deleted member 217926

Honestly I'm not seeing it. I see this post and then the last post by you is dated from Oct. 2017.

D

Deleted member 217926

I found it. You posted on Tom's Guide. A sister site of Tom's Hardware, the two forums were linked and mirrored in many places until the transition to the new platform a few weeks ago.

k00ly

Commendable
Oct 22, 2017
I found it. You posted on Tom's Guide. A sister site of Tom's Hardware, the two forums were linked and mirrored in many places until the transition to the new platform a few weeks ago.

Well, thanks. You saved my day. I didn't know there is a separate tomsguide b4, I thought there is only 1 toms forum.

the two forums were linked and mirrored in many places until the transition to the new platform a few weeks ago.
So the 2 forums aren't linked now? So it's gonna be separate from now on? What are the difference mostly about if you can tell me ? Sorry i'm still bit new to the toms forum(s).

I kinda found this : https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/url-tomshardware-vs-tomsguide.964/ but it doesnt explain much.

After a short glance, seems like tomshardware is more hardcore and has more options (maybe 'advanced' too) to me. But tomsguide do have some interesting new forums like the 'Electronics and Wearables', that I could not find at tomshardware yet. Anyway, I just think that the two should just be merged together, i don't see any hard compelling reasons to separate the two. Since those e.g. 'Electronics and Wearables' are essentially bunch of running hardwares too.. Separating the forums just adds bit of confusion and delay (when searching e.g). Anyway just my two cents..

Last edited:

randomizer

Champion
Tom's Hardware's focus is computer hardware. Tom's Guide is geared towards consumer electronics (phones, smartwatches, random gadgets, etc.). Check out the main sites (www.tomshardware.com and www.tomsguide.com respectively) and you'll see what I mean. The two forums were partially linked before, but only in a couple of sections. It never really made much sense because the target audiences are different.