my new toshiba satellite c75a will turn on from sleep mode but not from shut down.

SusiePip Stewart

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
bought the lap top 6 weeks ago. has worked perfectly with brilliant 4 hour life on the battery. Yesterday I couldnt power up. tried 70+ times.... I did reset, (( removed battery and power cable, held down power button, put battery and cable back in and it started on the 3rd attempt)) would not start without putting battery back in... turned it off and happened again... Today it took 3 hours to get it on, Ive been reading loads of help pages, but have noticed , if I close down to SLEEP and not SHUT DOWN it opens every time, I tried to shutdown again and it took 30 odd goes after the reset to open up and as soon as it has opened, it runs perfectly. can anyone help???

SusiePip Stewart

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
they seem to be off on holidays for the Easter break. Ive tried all day today. Its just strange that it starts straight away from sleep mode, but when i do shut down (( as I always have with each comp ive ever used) it can take 100 attempts to start up. all the lights flash on, Its a quiet laptop but I can hear the fan... I havnt installed any software or apps or anything and ive run a full virus check, malware check and ccleaner, everything seems fine, and like I say when its running like now, its perfect, every single thing works......... but I know if i shut down, i might not get it to power up again.

SusiePip Stewart

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
thats what im going to do til I speak to them, Ive backed everything up so im ok with that. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Would love to be able to sort it out, If it gets sent away it could take a couple of weeks and I need it for work.