my newly built gaming pc is is not giving me the expected performance

Likespieman007

Honorable
Jul 10, 2014
hey guys,
i recently built a new gaming pc for myself, hoping i could now play all of my games at maxed out settings. unfortunately, that did not happen.

here are my specs.
cpu: amd a10 7700k fm2+ cpu 3.4 ghz quad core
Motherboard: MSI A88XM-E35 (socket fm2+/fm2)
RAM: Kingston Hyperx blu 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
Graphics card: AMD Sapphire radeon r9 270x 2gb gddr5 (pcie 3.0)
Power supply: corsair cx500 (500w)
Hard disk drive: seagate baracuda 1tb

i really need help with this. i have been wondering for a very long time, and i really need to fix this issue.

I like to play a game called warframe with my friends, and they all have the same graphics card, same motherboard, and relatively similar cpus. yet, they get much better frame rates than i do. i even tried overclocking my graphics card, and that did not do much

please help!!

Solution
Check if your cpu is bottlenecking the 270x - with heavy game play is cpu usage near 100% per Task Manager while gpu is not per Afterburner.
The easiest thing to do would be to run a fixed benchmark like Heaven, 3dmark, or one built into a game that comes with it like Bioshock Infinite, then you would have a solid number to compare to other systems. Here's a link to a 270x tested, just use the exact settings listed at the top of the benchmark and compare the 270x results to yours. They used an i7, so there may be a slight difference, but heaven is pretty gpu heavy, so there shouldn't be much difference.
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5923/msi-radeon-r9-270x-2gb-hawk-overclocked-video-card-review/index6.html

DSzymborski

Titan
What are the relatively similar CPUs they're playing with? An APU with a 270x is a rather poorly chosen combination. Since you were using a solid GPU, you should have chosen a solid CPU for $170 (or even less), not a budget CPU with a weak GPU attached that serves no purpose given that you have a 270x.

SpectreUnleashed

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Well, try to disable your integrated GPU inside the APU. Your APU includes a R7 variant but iit is unable to CrossfireX with the dedicated GPU you use. It can only CrossfireX with R7 240 or R7 250. Also, unless it is disabled, APU GPU's (iGPU) always has the priority in usage.

What I mean is, your R9 270X is not even being used (maybe). Go downoad 3D Mark or Heaven benchmark, and run any benchmark. In the result report you will see which GPU is in use.

If you want the certain solution, go disable your integrated GPU inside your APU. I do not know how to do it but I know it is possible to do.

For further, try to buy FX CPU's. You could have bough an AM3+ MOBO and a FX-6300 for the same money. FM2 sockets are close for upgrading.