my newly built PC is powering up but the keyboard, mouse and monitor won't connect and Ive tried the headphone trick but i don

JoJo2013

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
Ive just finished building my new pc and it powers up but that about it, all of the fans and LEDs work but it won't connect to the monitor and the keyboard and mouse won't power up either here are the specs:
4x corsair vengence DDR3 RAM
1x MSI GTX 980 TI 6G
Intel Core i7 4790 Quad Core Professional Processor (3.60 GHz, 8 MB, Haswell, 84 W, Graphics, Hyper Threading Technology, Socket 1150)
MSI B85-G43 Gaming Intel LGA1150 B85 Gaming ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 4x USB 3, 8x USB 2, GBE, LAN, VGA, HDMI, DVI)
500w power supply
1 hardrive
1 SSD
And the case is a Cooler masters HAF, I've tried all sorts of different forums and tips but none of them have worked so Im not sure if it has something to do with my specs or it may be something else.

Solution
Try power the system without graphic card, if it does it can be meant that your psu if unable to handle your system demands but from what your telling about the keyboard and mouse does't power up.

It can be there are some cable you didn't put on right place or simply you does't properly put the cords in it place

darkam94

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
Try power the system without graphic card, if it does it can be meant that your psu if unable to handle your system demands but from what your telling about the keyboard and mouse does't power up.

It can be there are some cable you didn't put on right place or simply you does't properly put the cords in it place

Solution

JCorprew

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

Check this if you havent already
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems