My newly built pc loses monitor signal when playing games, also fan throttles at full speed

Mar 7, 2018
Please i really need help!! i just built this pc last last sunday Feb 26 (all parts bought feb 24 except for the GPU in which was bought earlier on feb 11) feb 26 was the built and boot. this is my first build and its really frustrating for i had all my money on this rig. i first tested this way back last monday feb 27, the rig is for purely gaming, so i first started playing games last monday but as soon as i started playing for about 5-10 mins it then went to "no hdmi signal" then blackscreen (note that i already updated drivers), fan goes on at full speed then i have to forciby turn it off since it doesn't project anything anymore, then i have tried to check every forum, video, and discussions regarding about this topic and have done them as well but nothing seem to work out although i tried replugging my 6 pin pcie connector and now i can play for at least 2 hours or more but it still isn't sufficient for me since it still happens after hours or mins which in that case the problem is still active. (the longest length i've ever played was march 2, and it at least 5/6 hours? of pubg and dota 2 and you know browsing internet (idling), no black screen. so then i played the forest (to test if its really working now.) but for just 20 mins, at windowed mode 720p cause i was really scared it was night, then bam black screen again no hdmi signal then fan throttles full speed.) do u guys think its a gpu to monitor cable problem? i'm currently using hdmi-hdmi, planning to go buy an hdmi to dvi-d 24+1 (dvi-d 24+1 is what my gpu supports as far as i could tell through my gpu plug thingy) or a vga to hdmi??? (i have no idea about cables really) to test if its a cable problem. or could it be my wall outlet not generating enough power? srry but i just got into computer / computer parts this december and im still trying my best to study what are these and that. so i'm pretty much a newbie. any help and suggestion :( feeling really desperate and disappointed for this is my first pc build.. and sorry too for my bad english

update: i tried placing ram on the other slot (my ram is 16 gb single channel and its currently placed on the 4th slot, i don't know if this is the right slot though i can't see through my mobo manual), because i've seen in some forums with the same problem as i have suggesting to reseat the ram on the other slot, so i did it, first i put it on the other slot, first slot, then booted my pc, was a bit laggy, then after logging in to steam it just black screened and crashed, then windows popped up something in which i think an error for reseating my ram on different slot, then black screen, so i put it back again, back to its original slot which is fourth slot and booted, logged in to steam and opened chrome then after mins, it just black screen again, got confused because it was on its original slot now, although after the black screen i booted it up again then after that never had any blackscreen idling, (note that i've never had blackscreens when idling, first happened when i reseated ram, although i think it's okay now. no more black screen on idle, only on gaming again.)

newest update: so i just recently did my first clean reinstallation of drivers because i wasn't sure of my first reinstallation, it was very shady and vague because i was new to it, well, i'm pretty new to this, as you can tell. my first reinstallation of drivers (as suggested of what i read on some forum, to download ddu and new drivers then boot to safe mode but i didn't know how to boot to safe mode and just did clean and reinstall) And so NOW i tried to do it again for the 2nd time and did it systematically, and precisely booting in to safe mode, running ddu and cleaning my drivers, downloaded everything and updated my driver, ((while reinstalling my geforce experience driver to 391.01, i've noticed that it goes black screen for secs but it goes back normal again, it does it again and goes back to the screen and does it again for the 3rd time and back again, i'm just trying to be vivid with the symptoms here, but i guess that's normal? reinstalling geforce drivers?)) so after the recent reinstallation of everything, even changed my nvidia settings back to its personal original setting last time, i tried playing pubg. then now i think it just made it things worse, after loading, 2 mins in to the program it just black screen again, no hdmi signal, then fans started running again at 100% *sigh* i really need help :( this is just getting worse and worse trying to find a fix, i really need a deep explanation i'm really tired of this, sucks and disappointing at the same time to have my first pricey pc build that cost me all in all 1000 dollars to know that its purpose won't work, (gaming), this week's been really strenuous for me as a person with like 30% computer knowledge but i'm really happy i'm learning this all right now, it's just that i'm feeling hopeless and down and a bit traumatized cause i have put so much money into this machine. note that this is my pc's first and a half week and i've been doing nothing but researching and forum diving just to find a fix for this. any suggestion could help. :(

monitor: BENQ GW2270
cpu: AMD RYZEN 5 1600
gpu: GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB
ram: 16GB RAM TEAM ELITE PLUS 2400MHZ (just one ram stick, single channel)
psu: 620WATTS BRONZE 80+ SEASONIC M12II
hdd: 1 TERRABYTE BARRACUDA SEAGATE
mobo: B350 Tomahawk
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO

Giroro

Splendid
Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable yet, like you speculated? I know I've had problems with cheap display port cables not quite fitting properly - but the fan shouldn't spin up if its a cable. Also, which fan is it? GPU, PSU, CPU? that couple give a hint to which component is having an issue.
Also try running something like openhardware monitor and log temperatures to see of something is overheating.
Does the display ever cut off if it's sitting idle, or only when gaming?
If it's only while under load, that means something is possibly getting too hot or not getting enough power.
When you say you plug the 6 pin pci connector to the gpu, I assume you mean power. Is that the only power connector that for the gpu? I think some 1060s require an 8 pin connector.
Double check all the power connectors actually and make sure every fan is spinning. I've seen systems (somehow) boot without the motherboard plugged in.

At this point I would doubt Windows is the issue, but it wouldn't hurt to update your mobo drivers . As a general rule you need to make sure hardware is 100% solid before looking at software. Do not flash bios yet, because it could be a big problem if this random failure happened in the middle of an update. I would contact msi to see if they recommend that as a fix first. Why can't you get the manual for your motherboard? I found it on msi's download page right next to the drivers.

According to that manual, if you use a single DDR4 stick, they recommend it in slot DIMMA2

Mar 7, 2018

sorry late response, just got back home from school.
Oh I haven't tried replacing the hdmi cable yet, i'm still thinking what kind of cable to get. a dvi d 24+1 to hdmi? or a dvi d 24 + 1 to vga , i don't know much about cables. planning to buy dvi 24+1 to ___ --- cus its what my gpu supports and vga or hdmi is just what my monitor plug support.

also sorry if i wasn't too specific with what fan throttles at full speed when it loses monitor signal, by the way it's my gpu fans that goes on full speed (i know its on full speed cause of the really loud noise and i looked at it it really goes on fast.), and the monitor signal only cuts offs when gaming, never at idle, watching films, videos, browsing internet, downloading, anything. Only Gaming.
Also my 1060 6GB DUAL OC only supports 6 pin connector. although my psu (Seasonic M12II-620 EVO) has 2, 6+2 PCIe Power cable in just one cable, and what i did was i used the first 6+2 PCIe power cable instead of the 2nd one top of it (it is put on a single cord cable that has 2, 6+2 PCIe power cable, i am currently using the first one, the 2nd one is at the end of the cable.)

and yes all my fans are working, and on light,

also i haven't touched my mobo drivers yet, i guess? but i remember installing a new chipset for this pc back when it booted, and i haven't flashed bios yet, i don't even know what it is, ill try too look it up, but then i won't risk it since i have no idea, i just don't wanna end up slowly killing my pc just trying to fix a problem. notes taken.

also i put it on the 2nd slot, as you suggested, booted it, then it went on like nothing happened, i guess this is the right slot as for the past that i put it on 4th slot then the monitor black screen onto my windows desktop, although didn't happen anymore when i restarted.

update: i've tried playing PUBG again earlier, got to finish 1 game, casual as usual, running looting, killing, got killed, alt tabbed, while PUBG Minimized, then yup, black screen, no hdmi signal then gpu fans start going crazy. its just on black screen so i had to hold on power button . booted again as if nothing happened. same cycle again. i guess its still here. i don't know what to do next lol, i'm gonna try to play dota 2 (i can play an hour or 2 of dota 2 i think, idk why) and i will try to send you screenshots of my open hardwaremonitor and coretemp.