Question My newly built PC stutters in Division 2

Jun 25, 2019
I built this PC 1 month ago, first i had a gtx 1060 in it and then i returned it in favor of a new Vega 56. I played Forza Horizon 4 and had no issues with stuttering after the upgrade, then when i started playing Division 2 every now and again the game would just stutter at random times.

PC:
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56
Ryzen 5 2600x
2x8GB 3000Mhz Baliscsports RAM (running at 2933)
Asrock b450m pro4
EVGA 600BR
1TB hardrive
240GB Kingston SSD

I've monitored stuff with MSI-Afterburner, not so surprisingly the GPU usage drops when the stutter occurs.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
The Vega 56 has high power spikes occasionally, so I would wonder how the EVGA 600BR (Which isn't a very high quality power supply) is handling those occasional spikes. Just to test, try undervolting the Vega 56 to see what happens to the performance.

Undervolting is generally recommended for the Vega 56 anyways, you conserve power and don't lose performance. You even gain a little performance in certain places.

Jun 25, 2019
The Vega 56 has high power spikes occasionally, so I would wonder how the EVGA 600BR (Which isn't a very high quality power supply) is handling those occasional spikes. Just to test, try undervolting the Vega 56 to see what happens to the performance.

Undervolting is generally recommended for the Vega 56 anyways, you conserve power and don't lose performance. You even gain a little performance in certain places.

I've already undervolted it to 1050mv. Could there be anything else?

Reactions: RCFProd
Jun 25, 2019
How are the temperatures? Anything running hot (CPU/GPU)? Does the stutter happen in more games rather than just The Division 2?

I haven't played anything other than those two games so far, cpu temps around 60-75 C while GPU peaks at 71 C and is around 65 C average. And when i say stutter, its more like a freeze for a very short time (less than a second). Like the game might crash, i have increased the power limit so the card can reach its boost clock. Maybe that makes the card unstable or something?