[SOLVED] My newly built pc won't post

Apr 26, 2019
my pc that I just built won't start up effectively and provide video feed to my monitor. I know the hdmi and monitor work but the pc will not post. my cpu fan is also spinning and then stopping momentarily as well. this is my first attempt to start the build and I don't know where to troubleshoot.

My specs are:
cpu: ryzen 5 2600X
mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4
gpu: rx 580
ram: 2x8 DDR4 3200

Please help if you're able to!

link is the pc part picker list of all parts
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vDhrKB

Last edited:
Solution
The case itself? Given tests up to this point, and all your re-checks, seem to point to motherboard currently. Speaking of case, are you certain all needed standoffs and securing screws are utilized for motherboard? It gets missed on occasion.
Apr 26, 2019
I've checked all of those things and everything is installed correctly with the cables all clipped in and snug. the cpu gpu and ram are all seated and installed the right was as well

Apr 26, 2019
Right now it's powering on and off repeatedly with no feed going to the monitor. I checked that my ram was compatible and got new ram that still isn't working right now

Apr 26, 2019
i replace the earlier ram with new ram and the new ram has led, the led doesn't light up when i press the power button. would that help narrow it down? this was with gpu out that i just tried

The case itself? Given tests up to this point, and all your re-checks, seem to point to motherboard currently. Speaking of case, are you certain all needed standoffs and securing screws are utilized for motherboard? It gets missed on occasion.

Solution
Apr 26, 2019
just got the new motherboard today and I am proud to say that I have completed my first PC build and have it running how it is supposed to be. Thank you again for taking the time to reply and give some knowledgable input @1LiquidPC

Reactions: chungtd
Aug 23, 2019
Hi,
I got exactly the same issue as you wrote here.
I am trying many suggestions here and no luck.
I used Auros B450M, Ryzen 5 3600 and RX 580. I am about to return this motherboard.
Could you tell me which Mobo you bought and it worked?
Many thanks

just got the new motherboard today and I am proud to say that I have completed my first PC build and have it running how it is supposed to be. Thank you again for taking the time to reply and give some knowledgable input @1LiquidPC