Question My newly built PC won't turn on?

Aug 30, 2020
I built my first PC and I'm having trouble booting it up. I've checked countless times and it looks like everything is plugged in correctly and the SSD and CPU/CPU Cooler are in correctly. I tested my PSU independently doing the paper clip test and the fan started, but when I try it with everything plugged in it won't start. I looked through the troubleshooting checklist on Tom's and checked every step to see what could be wrong. I can't figure out if this is a motherboard problem, a PSU problem (maybe it isn't powerful enough?) or something else. I've taken it all apart and put it all back together a couple times but nothing changed, and I tried booting it up with the graphics card disconnected and still no power. Any help you guys can give would be amazing. If you need any pictures I can post them. Thank you!

Parts: (all are brand new)

PSU: EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

Case: NZXT H510i

Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 1660 Super

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

SSD: Samsung 970 evo

Memory: Corsaire Vengeance pro 16gb

Aug 30, 2020
Is there a way to boost the voltage while the computer is not on? Or do you recommend that I get new memory that is on the QVL for my motherboard? My PSU doesn't have a switch to adjust the voltage. Thanks i'm pretty new to all of this

TRENDING THREADS