My newly replaced Zotac Gtx 1060 6gb mini is idling at 45 C is this normal?

Luca1504

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
Hello
I got my 8 month old card replaced due to fan bearing issue and the new one is idling around 40 C to 45 C for god knows what reason while the old one used to idle between 35 C and 40 C. and while playing games like the witcher 3 it goes to 82 C and starts to throttle. Is this normal and i am just being paranoid or is this an actual issue. Also the temperature in my room is around 30 C to 33 C.
My Case is Corsair Carbide 100r and i Have 1 Exhaust fan.
Also i Contacted Zotac and they said its normal but my mind still is not convinced though.

Solution
It's normal as its a mini card with a single fan, but having only one case fans isn't helping either, you can try setting a custom fan profile with MSI AFTERBURNER or going into bios and turnin up the performance on your case fan. It being an outlet fan it's pretty much worthless for keeping your card cool. Try adding an intake fan if possible it should really help you keep temps within an optimal operating range
It's normal as its a mini card with a single fan, but having only one case fans isn't helping either, you can try setting a custom fan profile with MSI AFTERBURNER or going into bios and turnin up the performance on your case fan. It being an outlet fan it's pretty much worthless for keeping your card cool. Try adding an intake fan if possible it should really help you keep temps within an optimal operating range

Solution