My Nvidia drivers aren´t working with my Graphics Card

Fluons100

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
Ok so i´ve been using this Nvidia Gtx Geforce 460 SE v2 for a few years, last year nvidia released a driver (forgot which one was) and some games stopped working, the screen suddenly goes black, the game starts to go slowly and pauses everytime. But with the 314.22 driver all my games work well without any problems, now some games don´t work beacuse i have the old driver for example "Paladins" and "Diablo 3" they don´t let me play unless i have the lastest Nvidia driver and i can´t play them if i have the lastest driver cause it doesn´t work. Pls help (sorry for my english if it´s bad) hope u can help

Solution
You have to decide if you want to spend the money to upgrade the card or live without playing those other games. It's odd that a newer driver crashes the card because according to nVidia the latest drivers should work with the card. Make sure Windows is updated. It may be an issue with the video card, where newer drivers expose something on the card that has failed.
You have to decide if you want to spend the money to upgrade the card or live without playing those other games. It's odd that a newer driver crashes the card because according to nVidia the latest drivers should work with the card. Make sure Windows is updated. It may be an issue with the video card, where newer drivers expose something on the card that has failed.

Solution

Fluons100

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017

so there´s just 1 thing i can do then? buy a new one?

Possibly, you said "some games stopped working", is it most of them or just some older ones? You can try a new Windows setup with a clean driver setup and see if that helps. Make sure all Windows updates are done. Test the card in another system and see if it runs normally there.

Fluons100

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017

o i´ll try it in another system, yes all updates are done i´ll try with a clean driver setup to see if it works. i´ll tell if it does

Fluons100

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017

Ok so i tried a clean driver installation with DDU nothing happened still the same problem, this happens with every 3D game i´ve tried: Paladins, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, War Thunder, Dark Souls 1 and 2 but with the latest drivers with the 314.22 almost everything runs good except for Diablo and Paladins but the Diablo error it´s that everything runs slowly and it´s almost impossible to play, with Paladins it says "your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets" before even getting into the game (that happens with the old driver but with the latest drivers i can get in but i can´t play cause everything goes to ****) so can u help me, i mean if i can do something besides buying a new graphics card.