[SOLVED] My Nvidia GTX 770M --- is it alive or dead ?

Sep 28, 2021
Hi Guys,
I have MSI GT60 Laptop without warranty now. Using Nvidia GTX 770M. Problem is with Graphic Card.

From msi32info on the beginning have discovered similar dozens errors in the log :

Application Error Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x924f9cdb
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000010b39c
Faulting process id: 0x520
Faulting application start time: 0x01d75f6435f2bd45
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f07fb2aa-e112-42fd-aeb7-76dc74f81b25
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Would like to ask you for help regarding encountered issue. I 've been on a call, fan was working quite loud (since long time) when plugged external Acer monitor and out of sudden laptop was not responding. I have checked "Device Manager code error 43" + "PCI to PCI error".
I have folded out laptop. Clean whole stuff, unplugged GPU and plugged in + have used DDU to uninstall all drivers. Once, booted system card has shown up without error with default drivers.
Downloaded from official nvidia website WQHL 2 versions back driver, but launcher says "cannot continue".

MSI Afterburner showing me : (GPU &MEM seems to be constant without change)

GPU 135 MHZ
MEM 405 MHZ
VOL 0 mV
TEMP 33 C

My main concern would be if GPU is still alive ? Have not got any experience in debugging GPU problems.

Br,
Barceloniak1

Hi Guys,
I have MSI GT60 Laptop without warranty now. Using Nvidia GTX 770M. Problem is with Graphic Card.

From msi32info on the beginning have discovered similar dozens errors in the log :

Would like to ask you for help regarding encountered issue. I 've been on a call, fan was working quite loud (since long time) when plugged external Acer monitor and out of sudden laptop was not responding. I have checked "Device Manager code error 43" + "PCI to PCI error".
I have folded out laptop. Clean whole stuff, unplugged GPU and plugged in + have used DDU to uninstall all drivers. Once, booted system card has shown up without error with default drivers.
Downloaded from official nvidia website WQHL 2 versions back driver, but launcher says "cannot continue".

MSI Afterburner showing me : (GPU &MEM seems to be constant without change)

GPU 135 MHZ
MEM 405 MHZ
VOL 0 mV
TEMP 33 C

My main concern would be if GPU is still alive ? Have not got any experience in debugging GPU problems.

Br,
Barceloniak1
After you used DDU, tried to update the laptop bios to the latest? also which driver version you tried to install?

Sep 28, 2021
Hi, have sorted this morning apparently. Clue was to go to safe mode and use DDU and that was not stucking processes in memory , which allow launcher to ugrade to pre-latest version. Last one seems to be tricky, and problematic in my case. Anyway , thx

Reactions: Koekieezz